What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Made my wife a little mad, it was too cold to work outside, so I overhauled my 670 carb in the bedroom. I was told there were fumes.

Yep
Did mine on the kitchen table lol
Purple power is no where near as strong as finger nail polish though
That stuff gives me a headache
Needless to say my kitchen workbench is used more for the truck than food

Sticks n stones will break your bones but being a mechanic will kill ya

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Replaced the lower hinge pin and bushings on the driver's side door. No more vertical slop. :cool:

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Replaced the lower hinge pin and bushings on the driver's side door. No more vertical slop. :cool:

What a coincidence. I just replaced the upper hinge pin and bushings on the driver's side door. No more vertical slop for my truck as well.

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What a coincidence. I just replaced the upper hinge pin and bushings on the driver's side door. No more vertical slop for my truck as well.
I took the lazy way out. I did not want disconnect wires from door locks and window, so i ran a ratcheting strap over one of the cross beams in my garage, looped it around the top of the door and pulled it just enough that the door would not drop. Unbolted the hinges from the door, cut the old pin as it would not push back thru the hinge, reinstalled new bushings and pin and bolted hinges back to door.

Come to think of it, the lazy way might have been more work than the other alternative. :eek:

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Bought a new spare tire. The old one was a Uniroyal, likely the original spare. It had great tread, but cracked bad, deformed from being in the spare mounting bracket and much smaller than what I run on the truck now. Sooooo, I bought one BFG All Terrain TA KO, 33x12.50x15. Since i go wheeling, tow a boat and do a lot of highway driving as well, I wanted a spare to match my regular tires.

Building a spare tire bracket to mount in the bed and just bought a Bestop spare tire cover for it.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I took the lazy way out. I did not want disconnect wires from door locks and window, so i ran a ratcheting strap over one of the cross beams in my garage, looped it around the top of the door and pulled it just enough that the door would not drop. Unbolted the hinges from the door, cut the old pin as it would not push back thru the hinge, reinstalled new bushings and pin and bolted hinges back to door.

Come to think of it, the lazy way might have been more work than the other alternative. :eek:

I also took the lazy way out as well. I had my 15 year son help me!:) He also cut the pin and put the new bushings in as well. Then we put my new, to me, used door on. It fit pretty close too.:party36:

one4fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Oh, and a new steering wheel. I feel like I'm behind the wheel of a go-cart now. This new wheel is a 12" diameter.

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
i sprayed the crap outta my carb with cleaner. the damn thing was flooding in the secondaries. I fired it up and sprayed a bunch down the vent tubes and opened the throttle all the way. whatever crap was making it flood is long gone. hahah
i guess what i really need is a new fuel filter; after reading some posts on here, i need to ditch the crappy rubber hose from the fuel pump up to the carb and get some 3/8 metal line for it. ive got a cutter, bender and flare tool so i think ill give it a shot and pick some up next time im at AutoZ

pacman1318

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just got my new motor back from the machine shop and went by and picked my tranny up and got home bolted it together and had it on the hoist lifting it up to get it over the core support and Bam. one of the bolts broke that held the chain to the back of the head and the motor and tranny hit the ground busting the rear of the tranny, oil pan and the fuel pump. What a DAY

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just got my new motor back from the machine shop and went by and picked my tranny up and got home bolted it together and had it on the hoist lifting it up to get it over the core support and Bam. one of the bolts broke that held the chain to the back of the head and the motor and tranny hit the ground busting the rear of the tranny, oil pan and the fuel pump. What a DAY

Holy crap that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Over the weekend I got my rear axle back under the truck after a rebuild, hooked up new parking brake cables, pulled the rear drive shaft, replaced the u-joints, put the drive shaft back in, hooked up 90% of my brake lines, got my new shocks in the mail, and charged my battery. One more good weather day and I'll have my baby driving for the first time since the day I bought it in November.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Is the block ok? Made me kind of sick when I read this earlier. I have to stab mine this weekend and now it's got me worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacman1318

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Block is ok and so far the front pulley, oil pan and my new summit fuel pump is shot.
the tranny got the worst of it.
I guess the worst is my pride because I am 53 and drag raced since I was 18 and swapped many motors and never had this happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris