What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueK20

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Gave mine a bath, was filthy after the camping trip I took it on!
You must be registered for see images attach

Okie

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Washed it.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Damn, that muhfugger is purdy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Washed it.

You must be registered for see images

That's a clean looking OEM unmolested truck !!!. I never really cared for the tan/beige trucks, but that white and the 2 tone sets it off nice. Does it look that shiney dry too??? If not, consider a clay bar cleaning job and then a good coat of wax. You'll make it look new again.

I wish one of mine had paint worth taking care of. Someday !!! Some Fuggin Day !!!:shrug:

Okie

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's a clean looking OEM unmolested truck !!!. I never really cared for the tan/beige trucks, but that white and the 2 tone sets it off nice. Does it look that shiney dry too??? If not, consider a clay bar cleaning job and then a good coat of wax. You'll make it look new again.

I wish one of mine had paint worth taking care of. Someday !!! Some Fuggin Day !!!:shrug:

It shines pretty good dry. Not as good as in that pic but certainly not bad for a 30 year old paint job. I was planning on waxing it on sunday. Ill look into the clay bar.

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
Changed my headlights out and took the cheap header wrap off my long tubes I just bought.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I made an accessory for my trucks. I cobbled together an engine hoist that fits in the receiver hitch, so now I can easily move the heavy stuff around the property. Up until now, it has been a royal pain in the ass with gravel and grass driveways and a pole barn with a soft dirt floor. Casters don't roll on that, lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I made an accessory for my trucks. I cobbled together an engine hoist that fits in the receiver hitch, so now I can easily move the heavy stuff around the property. Up until now, it has been a royal pain in the ass with gravel and grass driveways and a pole barn with a soft dirt floor. Casters don't roll on that, lol.

Dammit, that was my idea long ago. But you know how my life is. Me getting to something and completing a project?? yeah right, when pigs fukin fly. FML

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI

You used your engine hoist to make a receiver hitch mounted crane. I would hardly say that's "cobbled" unless you used inferior materials and or booger welds.

That's some Good 'ol boy engineering.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
You used your engine hoist to make a receiver hitch mounted crane. I would hardly say that's "cobbled" unless you used inferior materials and or booger welds.

That's some Good 'ol boy engineering.

Lol, ok maybe not "cobbled". I bolted together some things I had on hand. To keep from drilling new sets of holes, I mounted the crane to the base kinda sideways. My laziness worked out well, I can look in the side view mirror to keep and eye on whatever I'm toting around.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My idea was something similar but with a round pole. Hoping I'd be able to swing the crane boom from left to center to right. You know the C20 that has that stop a freight train GitRDone bumper on it? I wanted to use the reciver and 2 brackets on the bumper to put angled supports and make a removable swining boom. I can't set **** down in my backyard cuz it's all grass and the hoist just sinks. Having a swinging boom hoist, I can just back the truck up and set engines and axles down where ever I can back the truck up. As is now, it has to sit in the middle if of the yard and not up aginst a fence or in a corner. I have to lift with the hoist, drive out from udner it, set it down, and that's where it stays.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

:hump: Love this truck :love62:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model