What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I love the look of the engine compartment. So nice to see the OE look for a change.

Thanks all. I have an air cleaner and fan decal to install. I hope I don't loose the look when I install the Vintage Air system compressor. I think I am going to paint the AC compressor black to help it blend in.

This one is getting all the chrome and polished goodies.

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Foamy you should have remember, you spend at least an hour down there when you weld the muffler! LOL

You would think so, lol. I blame the fireants, I think that's all I can remember about that day, haha.

Here are some handy pictures I aped from another forum showing what you can do:

Fluid pressure from the master cylinder comes in here....

Then comes out of the valve here...

Which loops over and connects to the hose...

My solution was to remove the valve and bend the hardline to allow it to screw directly into the hose. Now I have master cylinder pressure fed directly to the rear brakes just as GM did on millions of earlier model trucks. I prefer straight brake systems without these valves in line because I've struggled with these valves failing in the past. I figured to go ahead and solve the problem before it becomes a problem.

The old valve and all the tools needed to do this job. Total time was about 5 minutes.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have another question about this. Do you have the Full Floating rear end, or do you have the Semi Floating axle???

I'm wondering what the difference is and why my 86 C20 doesn't have this get up. :shrug: My 84 and 85 C20 both have it but they both also have the Semi Float rear axle, and my 86 has the Full Float.

My brother in law had an '83 C30 srw truck that had the valve, and my old '86 C20 Burb had the valve too. Both are 14FF.

raylanr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franc
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You would think so, lol. I blame the fireants, I think that's all I can remember about that day, haha.

Here are some handy pictures I aped from another forum showing what you can do:

It looks like he replace the T coupler where the hard line that goes over the differential connects to both of brake lines...

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
New heater controls went into my 80... The fan switch broke off the back of the original controls. next is a factory tape deck..
but.. the cruise control box under the hood is getting changed out first.. I hope thats the problem with the speedo..

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
I took mine off last summer. The only difference is now the rear locks up before the front. But if your ready for it to break sideways its no biggy

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Put a new fuel pump and filter and a new set of plugs in between Friday and Saturday.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Put a new fuel pump and filter and a new set of plugs in between Friday and Saturday.

So did you drive it in the living room of your trailer house, or did you test your balls bigger than mine and do this **** in the cold??? I haven't worked on **** since I got back from my dads. I did get a few things off the scrapper that I wanted, but not all of it. To fukin cold the last 10 days.

heffalump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500 suburban
Engine Size
Had to replace the dist. cap and coil on the burb. Got called in at 6 this morning cause of all the snow, got in the suburban and nothin... Messed with it forever finally gave up and drove the blazer.. Turns out the dist. and coil were basically falling apart.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Had to replace the dist. cap and coil on the burb. Got called in at 6 this morning cause of all the snow, got in the suburban and nothin... Messed with it forever finally gave up and drove the blazer.. Turns out the dist. and coil were basically falling apart.

Shouldn't have to worry about that for awhile.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
So did you drive it in the living room of your trailer house, or did you test your balls bigger than mine and do this **** in the cold??? I haven't worked on **** since I got back from my dads. I did get a few things off the scrapper that I wanted, but not all of it. To fukin cold the last 10 days.

Had to the plugs thanks to the bad valve seals that foul out 1, 5, 7 about every 3 months. Then had to do the fuel pump in a parking lot when it failed and left us in Stillwell, OK about 35 miles from home.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sounds like a bit tired motor. When motors get to this point, this is where I normally like to pull it and do a poor man rebuild. Rings, Bearings, Timing Set, Gaskets, and a Valve Job if you can afford it, or lap the valves yourself and replace the seals. Put it all back together and should be good for 75,000-100,000 miles depending on it's current condition. After that, it's without a doubt, time for a new bore, pistons and complete Valve Job and complete with rebuild with crank turn, resurfacing, balanced etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obullard74