What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nice! I bet they're great for seeing around those dually fenders.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Figured out some of my underhood wiring. Put a jumper on the terminals of my oil pressure switch to make the choke light go off and hoped it would help the choke pull off. It is still stuck on with too high of an idle but I didn't have time to adjust it. I will also put in the proper oil pressure switch when it gets warmer.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is to drive around in the snow with an empty 2wd truck. I don't have winter tires on it either. Took the wife's Yukon for the rest of the time on the weekend.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I had to instruct my wife how to cut the AC belt off our '88 Burb. A couple weeks ago, the 8 year old GM replacement rear AC lines sprung a leak. Apparently the 6 month old low pressure cutoff switch from Advance had failed already. My wife likes to run the defogger... last night the AC compressor fried (from running with no refrigerant) and nearly burnt the truck to the ground. And AC oil blew all over the nice coated header.

Now the Burb is slated for an entirely new AC system.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had to instruct my wife how to cut the AC belt off our '88 Burb. A couple weeks ago, the 8 year old GM replacement rear AC lines sprung a leak. Apparently the 6 month old low pressure cutoff switch from Advance had failed already. My wife likes to run the defogger... last night the AC compressor fried (from running with no refrigerant) and nearly burnt the truck to the ground. And AC oil blew all over the nice coated header.

Now the Burb is slated for an entirely new AC system.

Now if that doesn't a huge donkey dick I don't what does. That's not going to be cheap. Of course 89S might be able to help Seems he's deleting the AC on Silvy.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I know he was on the '89 but since the 90's A/C works, I didn't think he was going to until it quit.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm almost positive I seen he was ripping it out of Silvy too. I'd sure like to be wrong though. Don't make sense to me. It's a nicer Burb, I'd keep it OEM as possible. You want to kill the value of any vehicle in OK? Take out the AC or have a Non AC vehicle.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've replaced all the parking brake cables, all 12 rear wheel studs, and as soon as the weather cooperates I'll put the new shoes and drums on. :burnout:

Oh and I repainted the wheels. I never really cared for the black, so I painted em silver. Only got 2 done so far, but looks goooood. I'll post pics as soon as the other 2 are painted and they're all on the truck.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Cursed at it...my rhythmic vibration is back. It "pulses" from smooth to vibration every few seconds at speed. Replaced the balancer and it went away for a bit, but now it's back. Thinking flywheel or torque converter now...neither of which I want to mess with right now. When I put the truck into neutral at speed so the RPMs drop, the vibration goes away, so it's not the rear end, driveshaft, or tires.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Now if that doesn't a huge donkey dick I don't what does. That's not going to be cheap. Of course 89S might be able to help Seems he's deleting the AC on Silvy.

I know he was on the '89 but since the 90's A/C works, I didn't think he was going to until it quit.

I'm almost positive I seen he was ripping it out of Silvy too. I'd sure like to be wrong though. Don't make sense to me. It's a nicer Burb, I'd keep it OEM as possible. You want to kill the value of any vehicle in OK? Take out the AC or have a Non AC vehicle.

I disconnected the trigger wire from the compressor in September and have not run the AC at all since, or needed it for the defrost. I really only need it for July and August here and there and even then I could live without it. And I am jonesing to put the heat only setup I have into it to clean the clutter up under the dash and on the firewall, make it a lot more spacious and easier to work on. So I am still on the fence but of course if the system is operational I am hesitant to do anything to it at the moment but the time will eventually come. And I would gladly donate the parts to Andy at some point in the future. All I need is a plug in fan for the summer time to get by. Fuel savings and less stress on the engine and cooling system is more important to me. Want to get the most mileage I can out of this motor. It's a good unit.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think Silvy likes having AC :)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think so too.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, your opinions has been noted several times, thanks. I'll keep them in mind next time I see one of you bitching about replacing the heater core in the AC unit LOL. :bleh:

:nutkick: :chair: :slap:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yes, your opinions has been noted several times, thanks. I'll keep them in mind next time I see one of you bitching about replacing the heater core in the AC unit LOL. :bleh:

That's something else I've been putting off...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm starting to feel bad. Everyone is banging and beatin' up on 89S on all these threads. Poor dude getting beat up over a flat, over his AC, over his PawPaw goodies. C'mere PawPaw, We're sowwy !!! :console:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06