What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My power steering pump has been seeping a bit. Since I’m still waiting for a few things to come in I pulled it the other night to put a seal kit in it & repaint. Got a new pressure hose along with the return hose. Sure makes life easier with the radiator out too.
You must be registered for see images attach

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I did the same thing to mine. Leaked just as bad as the original. Put a new one in.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
My power steering pump has been seeping a bit. Since I’m still waiting for a few things to come in I pulled it the other night to put a seal kit in it & repaint. Got a new pressure hose along with the return hose. Sure makes life easier with the radiator out too.
good job, I need to take mine out and do the same.....got a leak on one of the hoses.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
this evening I'm cleaning up the trim that goes around the cab. Got some citristrip on it to remove paint. Pounded out a few dings on the corners with wood wedge (used on home doors) and rubber mallet. Pretty satisfied.

Not sure if I'm going to repaint the chevy logo's on the corners or leave them be. Also learned how to install the trim correctly via video below. Think my corners are different though, I have angled "tabs" that hook on the corner trim. I'll keep searching for that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Not anything real exciting to report. Detailed the interior, washed the glass inside and out, and treated the dash and seals.

Who has a saddle blanket seat cover and actually takes it off and washes it? Well I wondered that as I scrubbed it over with interior cleaner.

Then on to the body, wash, and wax! Didn't forget to hit up under the hood too.

It's 40 year old paint on a truck that has worked it's entire life but she'll still shine up!

I love me new to me running boards!

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Not done yet but the radiator, lines & hoses are finally mounted. Looking for some rubber cushions for over flow tank. Still need to pull the old fan wiring & install new harnesses. No tears on this project, but plenty of blood& sweat. Shoulda had this done in a weekend, but.....

Gguy1

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
292. 4.8
Couldnt stand the hole in the dash bezel where the oe radio was hacked out (head unit now in console). Holes all over dash from a ****** ass billet overlay that didnt use factory holes to mount.

Found a guy parting an '88 Burb with a clean bezel and factory upgrade stereo. I know, not exact year, but for $50 and some minor grinding it will look like it is.

Hole in dash needs some metal removed to make room for the larger stereo. Otherwise its a straight swap. My intentions are 1) not have a huge hole in my dash, 2) close to factory asthetics, 3) who wants to steal of ****** radio, thus maybe reducing the likelyhood of a break in.

Just picked it up today, will have pics up in a few days.

Otherwise last thing I did was install (3 screws :rockit: ) the distributor cover on my motor.

Gguy1

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
292. 4.8
I have same issue, I actually have a factory block out plate, but my panel was cut out bigger, since I have idiot lights, gonna mount gages there

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
tightened up front bumper bolts painter left loose and also put anti-seize on them again. $h|t works wonders for bumper bolts.....not going through the cutting crap again lol.

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Leak,leak leak is what my new Summit trans pan did. After making sure it was straight,three different gaskets and three different torques I gave up. It is just too thin. I bought an aluminum pan which was three times the price of the tin one and you guessed it it LEAKED. After draw fileing the gasket surface flat, because it had high and low spots and installed a Felpro gasket at 50inch pounds is looks like I have it sealed. So glad that both pans have drain plugs.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
tightened up front bumper bolts painter left loose and also put anti-seize on them again. $h|t works wonders for bumper bolts.....not going through the cutting crap again lol.
That stuff is like Franks Red Hot sauce. I use that ____ on everything (unless it needs thread locker, lol)!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
That stuff is like Franks Red Hot sauce. I use that ____ on everything (unless it needs thread locker, lol)!
"I put that ____ on everything...including me!" :Big Laugh: I literally can't even look at that stuff without having it all over

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Sounds familiar.

lol yup.....I had silver hands when I was done....and half my forearms. Chief Nursing officer put me on the spot the next day and said I need to clean my nails or paint them lol.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
lol yup.....I had silver hands when I was done....and half my forearms. Chief Nursing officer put me on the spot the next day and said I need to clean my nails or paint them lol.
I kid you not.
Put a new pump on the pressure washer last night. 4 little bolts and the crank snout. Everything was a little creaky and rusty, so out comes the antiseize. No way I'm gonna get any on me. Little dab on the bolt threads and painted the cranksnout and keyway lightly.
It was on both hands, the allen wrench, in between my fingers and I only used one hand to install the bolts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128