What Do You Guys Think ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
What do you think of an 80' cab and interior with a newer 81-87 front clip dual head lights and matching bumpers ?

Would the old dash go good with the square front or not ? Would it just look hacked or cool ?

Obviously it would be a bit of work to swap the headlight harness and the intermittent column controlled wipers and the Hydro boost over to the 80' cab, but I always liked how it feels in the old style cabs.

Any who just looking for some input on a non era correct look ?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I don't see an issue with it. I've had both vintages, never really felt different from one to the other.

Dadof2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1991 , 1981
Truck Model
R1500 Chevy Sub, C20
Engine Size
350 in both trucks
Sounds like a cool idea.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I guess if it turns out that I don't like it I guess I could always put the newer dash in it lol

Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
D.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
I know what you mean by the feel of the truck. The 80's and older had the flat hood. '81 and newer have the slope, I miss my '78 for just that reason. I have a '90 "Jimmy" that I just put an '82 front clip on. The hardest part was rewiring the headlights. But you know the old addage, "It's your truck, do what you like."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d