What do we have here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brando Marlin

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
I bought a 1987 v30 and had plans on putting the stock 8ft bed back on it and restoring it but when i got it home I noticed how much longer the frame was between the back of the cab and the rear axle. Ive owned a couple blazers and short beds but never a chevy this heavy.! What do I have here? Is it a cab a chassis? I thought it could have been a crew cab frame with the single cab put on. Thanks for your help. I have a few questions about this thing and hope you all can help.

You must be registered for see images attach

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Probably a Cab and chassis. They have a different wheelbase than pickups, and the rear axle is narrower than a dually pickup.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
What we have here is... failure.. to communicate... some men.. you just. cant. reach.

So you get what we had here last week....which is the way he wants it.

Well, he gets it.

And I don't like it anymore than you men.....

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
My dad had one of those when i was a kid.
1982 1 ton flatbed. I loved to ride in it. IT had a black painted framed deck and white cab, basic options, manual trans, 2wd. was a srw.
It looked much like that one. I loved it. He sold it around great recession time but it was in beautiful shape.

Brando Marlin

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
Do you know if the cab to frame mounts are the same as the 75? I wanted to swap the cab out for a 75 cab.

Brando Marlin

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
It is pretty cool! I wanted to put a stock bed back on it but don't think I can do that. I was thinking about selling the flatbed and extending a stock bed that might look cool. I'm trying to find out if the cab mounts are in the same location as a 75 so I can do a can swap. If you look at the cab in the photos you can see its pretty rotted out.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pickup cab will bolt up.
Extra long bed would be freakin awesome on a dually 4x4. With a minimum 6” lift!
But generally pickup beds don’t just bolt on to straight frame trucks, at the right height to match the cab. Although if you’re grafting a new bed maybe could do it.

Brando Marlin

Reaction score
First Name
brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
I would need to cut the two feet they added to the rear then buy a 75 c30 dually and rob it for the cab and bed. Then I would need to cut out the floor pan to add the 4x4 center pan or could cut the hole on the c30 cab and add the off road designs 1' body lift kit so the cab clears the t-case. Then all that needs to be done would be the bed, lift, wheels and tires, and a BBC. This forum is great! I'm hoping everyone can help me out with this thing.

JeffK10America

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What we have here is... failure.. to communicate... some men.. you just. cant. reach.

So you get what we had here last week....which is the way he wants it.

Well, he gets it.

And I don't like it anymore than you men.....
Good movie !

Nonstop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
I may be wrong, BUT you may not need the dually bed. C&C rear axles are narrower which means a regular bed may work with the wheel wells massaged a little.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I may be wrong, BUT you may not need the dually bed. C&C rear axles are narrower which means a regular bed may work with the wheel wells massaged a little.

Like this.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Anything is possible if you have a welder and a box of zip disks, lol. For example, my 63 c3600 I just picked up. Originally came as a cab and chassis dually with 133" wheelbase, it went to chinook and got the custom camper mounted on it. When that got destroyed, they mounted a stake side with the metal factory racks on it, then when that got destroyed, he changed to srw rims from duals, sectioned in 7" to a long bed and made a custom 8'7" bed to match the wheel wells to axle center and back of bed to cab gap. Once I fix the crappy body work, you will never know since some of them came with a 9' bed (although that was a step side).

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
if it's a cab and chassis they extended the frame. mine has no where near that much over hang behind the rear axle. highdesertranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alysco