What cheap high performance engine parts should I use in my stock 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73_dixie_lwb

Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am prepping my truck for pulling season and I was wondering what cheap high performance engine parts I should use in my stock 350 without worrying about breaking something in the engine

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Theres no cheap good stuff, and to really get any considerable amount of power youre looking for you cant just bolt stuff on, you'll have to spend a chunk and tear the engine apart

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Cheapest you can do and the quickest is headers. Cam would be next but that requires more parts.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
What cheap high performance engine parts sho

headers and cam but no need to get a big cam with stock compression. it'll just "sound" cool and be a straight dog. might not even run worth a crap. try investing in lower gears that will do better in the end.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Headers. Intakes are good. I like hot ignition coils and modules.

A simple tune up will yield the best power per dollar possible . Plugs, cap, rotor, wires, filters, etc.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just keep in mind that all the "cheap" parts you can throw at it will always be contending with the not so great heads and bad compression of your stock motor. You can do headers and intake and cam, yes. But to really take advantage of them, get some good heads on there. That will make the biggest change. You can grab a set of aluminum heads now for right around $1000. I would spend it there before dropping $1000 on the other stuff.

73_dixie_lwb

Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
engine is not original. it came factory with a 454. the only reason it has a 350 is because the 454 cracked because of straight water in the cooling when a blizzard came along

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
What cheap high performance engine parts sho

Ok do you know what the compression is? What heads does the engine have? these two will help out when picking a great cam to match them.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

73_dixie_lwb

Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I don't know what the compression is nor do I know how to figure it out. I do believe it has the "soft heads". She pulls pretty good because last year was my first pull, I got 218 ft and placed 4/5 of all of the professionals I was pulling with. and she was running under half power because the plug wires were shot and were shorting out all over the place

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Look up the casting numbers , silly goose. You gotta give us something to work with , eh?
Cylinder head numbers will be found under a valve cover. Engine casting number is located behind the distributor or driver side head, at the rear of the block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scawdrey