What’s IT Worth? (Post all “what’s it worth threads here)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
You will have people come over and look at it that will pi$$ you off so bad you want to shot them. They will tell you everything that is wrong with it so they can get it cheaper.
Yes, when this happens, I want to raise the price.....

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
I have a 1978 GMC Sierra Grande C15 that I've had for a year and a half. It is fully inspected and I drive it weekly. I have done the following work to it...
Air filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs/wires replaced
Master Cylinder replaced
Power Brake Booster replaced
Alternator replaced
Transmission service
Speedometer cable leak fixed
Rear end service
Seat reupholstered
Seat cover
Vent window rubber replaced
Valve cover leak fixed
Shocks replaced
Rear wiring harness replaced
Tail light covers replaced
Fuel pump replaced
Fuel gauge replaced
Heater control relay replaced
Window glass rubber replaced
Door weather stripping replaced
Temperature sending unit replaced
Water pump replaced
Distributor cap and rotor replaced
Front End (both inner and outer tie rod ends, pitman arm, upper and lower ball joints, idler arm) replaced
Steering box replaced
Front end alignment
Oil pan gasket replaced
Timing Cover gasket replaced
Blower Motor replaced
Window regulators replaced
Driver side door hinges replaced
Temperature gauge replaced
Radiator replaced
Radiator hoses replaced
Battery replaced

It runs perfectly. Sometimes I have to pump it once when cranking. All of the gauges work. I have an extra set of wing windows to go along with it. I live kind of close to Dallas. I know that different areas of the country will get different values. I know that the paint is pretty oxidated, espec ially the hood and roof, but it has absolutely no rust. The hood is perfectly straight, no wrinkling at all. I bought this as a father/son project, but the closer it gets to being done, the less interested he is in it. That and I've had some medical bills piling up. I haven't listed it for sale yet, just trying to see what I could list it as without getting laughed at/ripped off.

Attachments

• 20220731_123613.jpg
    20220731_123613.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220731_130647.jpg
    20220731_130647.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20220731_143128.jpg
    20220731_143128.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20230121_204544982.jpg
    PXL_20230121_204544982.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 36
  • PXL_20230121_204600592.jpg
    PXL_20230121_204600592.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

ulm4lyf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Grande 15
Engine Size
I have a 1978 C15 that I've had for a year and a half. It is fully inspected and I drive it weekly. I have done the following work to it...
Air filter
Fuel filter
Spark plugs/wires replaced
Master Cylinder replaced
Power Brake Booster replaced
Alternator replaced
Transmission service
Speedometer cable leak fixed
Rear end service
Seat reupholstered
Seat cover
Vent window rubber replaced
Valve cover leak fixed
Shocks replaced
Rear wiring harness replaced
Tail light covers replaced
Fuel pump replaced
Fuel gauge replaced
Heater control relay replaced
Window glass rubber replaced
Door weather stripping replaced
Temperature sending unit replaced
Water pump replaced
Distributor cap and rotor replaced
Front End (both inner and outer tie rod ends, pitman arm, upper and lower ball joints, idler arm) replaced
Steering box replaced
Front end alignment
Oil pan gasket replaced
Timing Cover gasket replaced
Blower Motor replaced
Window regulators replaced
Driver side door hinges replaced
Temperature gauge replaced
Radiator replaced
Radiator hoses replaced
Battery replaced

It runs perfectly. Sometimes I have to pump it once when cranking. I have an extra set of wing windows to go along with it. I live kind of close to Dallas. I know that different areas of the country will get different values. I know that the paint is pretty oxidated, espec ially the hood and roof, but it has absolutely no rust. The hood is perfectly straight, no wrinkling at all. I bought this as a father/son project, but the closer it gets to being done, the less interested he is in it. That and I've had some medical bills piling up.
You must be registered for see images attach

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I would say 2-3k, but if you did a polish on the paint with Old No. 7 and some elbow grease, then a coat of wax, it would shine up pretty nice.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
Alot depends on the area of the country you're trying to sell the truck in. For instance, the C-15. I would knock 1K off because of no working AC. I'm in the Houston TX area. Working 4 wheel drive add a grand. Emission equipment in working order is a big deal to some people.
Looking at it I'm in the 4-5K range. The body is nice, you have done most of the maintenance work to make it a daily driver. We can't see how the under carriage looks from the pics.
I'm amazed at how rusty some of the projects are on this site. The trucks from the great white north and mid-west are horrible underneath.
I agree that the paint doesn't matter much in trucks in the lower price range. In fact, if you're going to daily drive it you won't worry about a rock chip, door ding etc. The real cost is in the metal repair, body work, and paint. I'm jealous of the guys that can weld in repair panels and such. Good luck with it whatever you decide.
I read in your post that you are located in Texas. The truck being a long bed, and having a non-working AC really drops the value. At least in the Houston area. It's a shame most guys want to drop them, put a LS in them and make them a sport car. err (truck).

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Alot depends on the area of the country you're trying to sell the truck in. For instance, the C-15. I would knock 1K off because of no working AC. I'm in the Houston TX area. Working 4 wheel drive add a grand. Emission equipment in working order is a big deal to some people.
Looking at it I'm in the 4-5K range. The body is nice, you have done most of the maintenance work to make it a daily driver. We can't see how the under carriage looks from the pics.
I'm amazed at how rusty some of the projects are on this site. The trucks from the great white north and mid-west are horrible underneath.
I agree that the paint doesn't matter much in trucks in the lower price range. In fact, if you're going to daily drive it you won't worry about a rock chip, door ding etc. The real cost is in the metal repair, body work, and paint. I'm jealous of the guys that can weld in repair panels and such. Good luck with it whatever you decide.
I read in your post that you are located in Texas. The truck being a long bed, and having a non-working AC really drops the value. At least in the Houston area. It's a shame most guys want to drop them, put a LS in them and make them a sport car. err (truck).
Yup, same with the OBS trucks. Shortbeds are for hot rodding; real trucks that earn their keep have 8' beds!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Yup, same with the OBS trucks. Shortbeds are for hot rodding; real trucks that earn their keep have 8' beds!
Can still hot rod a long bed truck. They are way safer on dirt roads because the a$$ end is easier to control when it starts sliding out around a curve. A shortbed will most likely be almost too far gone by the time you realize it and you spin out. Both are fun, but I prefer a long bed for fun and work.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
I like a Shortbed for the look, a Longbed for the ride. I've had both... I've lowered both. It's kind of 6 of one half, half a dozen to me.

Ifyasquintitsmint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Wanting to buy a house in a year or so. I’m looking to offload either my K10 or E30 to help w a down payment.

Rebuilt NV4500/2005 5.3LS i have receipts for everything. New interior w kilmat sound deadening. New brakes, suspension (fox rear/kyb front both adjustable). Dakota digital gauges, PSI harness, and ECU. Has new tires on it. Working 4x4 with NP208. Setup for AC on the LS/ECU but not an AC truck.

only cons are it leaks a little bit from the front main. About a drop every 2-3 weeks. And the 3.08 gears.

Truck has new speakers/sub/wires ran but just a cheap headunit for mock up.

Attachments

• image000001.jpeg
    image000001.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0836.jpeg
    IMG_0836.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1741.jpeg
    IMG_1741.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image000002.jpeg
    image000002.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Wanting to buy a house in a year or so. I’m looking to offload either my K10 or E30 to help w a down payment.

Rebuilt NV4500/2005 5.3LS i have receipts for everything. New interior w kilmat sound deadening. New brakes, suspension (fox rear/kyb front both adjustable). Dakota digital gauges, PSI harness, and ECU. Has new tires on it. Working 4x4 with NP208. Setup for AC on the LS/ECU but not an AC truck.

only cons are it leaks a little bit from the front main. About a drop every 2-3 weeks. And the 3.08 gears.

Truck has new speakers/sub/wires ran but just a cheap headunit for mock up.
Where’s the shifter for the 208?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wow, clean and LOTS of new parts. You’ve basically done 80-90% of all of the “little stuff” that these old trucks need varying amounts of.
It’s a great project with lots of potential. But honestly it’s in the $5k range I think. Maybe a bit more to someone from the rust belt.
Your buyers market will be someone who has another $10k or 500 hours and a lot of skills. So it’s limited. It won’t be the daily driver crowd for the most part looking at it.
A year or 2 I would have said worth more but the market is finally getting a little more realistic again.
JMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78