Wanted - Brake Drum Puller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Maybe that is a another mod idea for our squares, drill and tap some holes for pusher bolts and maybe drill dimples behind those holes to get a good start/bite on the bolt threads.

That would be a nice mod when doing brake work. Just the threaded holes seem to be sufficient. As long as there is enough thickness on the face of the drum, there should be enough threads to tighten the bolt and push off the drum or rotor. It sure comes in handy and saves some banging on the drum or rotor. I am visualizing the subaru rotor being 1/4 thick where those holes are located, and I believe they're situated between the studs.

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Maybe that is a another mod idea for our squares, drill and tap some holes for pusher bolts and maybe drill dimples behind those holes to get a good start/bite on the bolt threads.

That did cross my mind as I was fighting with it.....
I would hope it doesn't violate any structural strength though.
I might experiment with the idea and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1