Strange brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papapavs1

Reaction score
First Name
avery
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hello I recently bought a 1979 Chevy c10 with a 305. When i bought it it had absolutely no brakes. I put two new front hoses on it and got front brakes, but haven't bled them yet. I then had to replace the long rear line (rusted) to get rear brakes. There seemed to be some rear brakes in it but they weren't super great, and I couldn't bleed them due to stuck bleeders. So I replaced the wheel cylinders and bled the rear brakes. I can't seem to get either side to actually move the shoes/pushrod that goes into the cylinder out though. They bled out fine, plenty of fluid coming out with no air, but absolutely no movement on either side. Part number checked out as correct for 11x2 inch brakes. Is it possible I got two bad wheel cylinders out of the box? Bad master? They seemed to work at least a little bit before, right after I put the line on. Thanks

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Unlikely 2 are bad suspect a master issue or rear hose.

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Probably the proportioning valve got tripped, therefore not letting fluid go to the rear brakes. It should be on the front crossmember on the right side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76