Want new bumpers!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey dewds, Ive been looking distastefully at these bumpers on this 85. Front has a dent and back is just old.

I know the back will just need a new bumper, the brackets seem to be fine. But the front it bashed in, and I'm not sure which brackets I need or dont. Arent there two on the outside and two inner? I cant look under there cause ol lady has it at work.

I'm looking at LMCtruck.com and I'm having difficulty finding the exact bumper I have, they look a little off. I want the same bumper I have now, no holes for strips or anything. Also I want the right brackets. ANy help with this? I'd appreciate it greatly.

www.lmctruck.com

bad shot of front bumper
You must be registered for see images attach

rear
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Or should I go with a different rear bumper? That one looks like It doesnt belong on the truck for some reason

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I say keep the same style. I like step bumpers on any that aren't lowered, and they end up coming in handy a lot if you plan to actually use your bed an climb over in it from time to time. Just IMO

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
BTW, how much does your boat way with the trailer?

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
BTW, how much does your boat way with the trailer?

I do like the functionality of the bumper.

I have no idea. I do know its heavy as ****. I need to go look at the papers and find out. People think pontoons are light but this is one heavy pontoon

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
very true there is an inner bracket and outer bracket, both left hand(driver's side) and PS which is RH. Total of 4 front brackets and 4 rears.

You want the 83-87 no impact bumpers, no bumper gaurds, in chrome. the 81-82's or whatever year have lights in the bumper. Then you want 81-87 bumper brackets. The rear you just want the chrome diamond plate step bumper, no impact holes, in chrome, then whatever brackets if you need them, make sure they are the step bumper brackets and fleetside if that matters.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I do like the functionality of the bumper.

I have no idea. I do know its heavy as ****. I need to go look at the papers and find out. People think pontoons are light but this is one heavy pontoon

Just curious. I see you're using the ball-in-the-bumper for towing like I have. My bumper says 5000lb MAX TOWING. The most I've towed was my approx. 2500lb Mazda I had on one of U-haul's trailers. I'm guessing that trailer was 1000-1500lbs itself. When I start pulling the Chevelle around and borrowing a co-workers trailer, that combination would be higher. I figure if you're pulling that big ol' thing w/your bumper, I should be fine also.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I highly suggest you invest in a hitch reciver unit towing that thing around. Then if you decided to, you could put a factory bumper and loose the step bumper if that is the way you want to go. But I would not want to be hooking that heavy boat up to and towing it with a step bumper.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's a factory rear step bumper. A replacement will look similar, but most of them are lower quality than original. A polished stainless "drop style" bumper would look great, IMHO. Then you could also get a nice hitch to go along with the drop bumper.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks guys the wife got home and I was able to look under there and see what it needed.

I bought the factory premium front bumper which was $50 more than the regular one, new inner and outer brackets which are backordered (tried to order those from Classicparts but also backordered) and a new bolt kit. TOtal was $321.00. Cant wait to get it on. Thanks again

EDIT: we will talk about back bumpers and hitches tomorrow I gotta get to bed

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well I'm home now, We are working 7-12's and I get beat in the heat. But each check is $2,138.43 after taxes so its worth it. I trashed my iphone (like the 8th one) last week and cant access the internet at work. ANyways Yeah I need a hitch on the back, not because I think the bumper wont handle it but cause I think the boat could sit a little lower in the front, which would be accomplished by a lower ball. It would pull better at 65-70 and not be so prone to snaking if I happen to swerve a slight bit.

Still not sold on one of those snug fitting bumpers, dont know if it would fit my truck either. Might just go back with a regular but new step bumper.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I highly suggest you invest in a hitch reciver unit towing that thing around.

DITTO, Amen brutha. Without doubt !!! JMO, anything over a ton (2000lb) I'd use a receiver hitch. You know, a small trailer and 2 dirt bikes, or 2 water bikes is likely OK, but I just feel much safer with a receiver hitch.

bobehud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
91' with early 80's drivetrain
Truck Model
Suburban K3500
Engine Size
454 carbed
And a good Receiver hitch will stop the dumb ass in the plastic car that was trying to 'draft' you and you had to slam on the brakes when someone cut you off,they stop at the hitch and don't tear up your axle....um...uh.. that's what someone told me

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Believe me I know. My wife just had her suburban rear ended in a parking lot a few weeks ago, by a mercedes benz. Ruined the front of their car and not a scratch on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksquare84