Want 4" Lift for my 83 K5 Diesel with the nicest ride...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
ive looked into all these different companies and they all pretty much list the same parts for about $500 for the kit but then advertise optional extras(which i have no clue what i need)

i just want a 4" lift that will make for a nice daily driver ride

so what do you guys recommend?

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
what ive found so far is...

Superlift has no prices but sounds like you get a thought out kit

BDS looks nice with options for add a leaf and blocks, 52" rear or 56" rear

Pro Comp looks the same as BDS without the options (and mentions max tire size as 33 x 12.50, but thats whats on my k5 with no lift... odd)

Zone offroad seems the same as the pro comp kit...

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I used to have a website saved with the spring rates of each manufacturer but cant find it now. If memory serves me correctly Skyjacker had the softest rate, followed by Superlift. If I were you I would include a steering arm in the kit to fix the steering geometry from lifting it.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
im guessing 52" rear leafs for blazers and 56" leafs for suburbans

yea, i plan on just calling up whoever i buy it from and just get everything from the get go... i hate doing things twice... i want my rig built right and reliable

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
im guessing 52" rear leafs for blazers and 56" leafs for suburbans

yea, i plan on just calling up whoever i buy it from and just get everything from the get go... i hate doing things twice... i want my rig built right and reliable

Give ORD a call and they will put together a lift kit that fits your needs exactly.

Also, Tuff Country offers the softest spring rates. Rancho, Rough Country, and Pro Comp are the stiff ones. BDS is comparable in ride quality to the stock springs. My Skyjacker springs also ride nice, but the trucks weight, tires, and long wheelbase have a lot to do with it I think.

Corpse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Does the weight of the diesel engine make any difference to what springs i get... i think it was only the skyjacker site that asks the engine size

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Does the weight of the diesel engine make any difference to what springs i get... i think it was only the skyjacker site that asks the engine size

Yeah, you can go with one of the cheaper brands that don't have such a soft spring rate. Like Superlift or Skyjacker. Rancho and Rough Country are still going to ride stiff even with a lot of weight over the front.

bluenoser

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Try National 4x4 in Burlington On I got my 6" rough country lift from them and they also ordered ord shackle flip for rear

adamv7010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
adam
Truck Year
1984, 1982
Truck Model
k10 silverado, k10 suburban
Engine Size
Mines a 4" rc...in a k10 suburban w the 6.2. It really doesn't ride horrible but ice definitely ridden in more comfortable

78shortandwide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Give ORD a call and they will put together a lift kit that fits your needs exactly.

Also, Tuff Country offers the softest spring rates. Rancho, Rough Country, and Pro Comp are the stiff ones. BDS is comparable in ride quality to the stock springs. My Skyjacker springs also ride nice, but the trucks weight, tires, and long wheelbase have a lot to do with it I think.

i have a 6" pro comp and they are stiff...like the axles are welded straight to the frame:)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Any progress on this hoss?

Sent from my iPod Touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

bigtalljohn13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
I have a 88 suburban 3/4 ton 4x4, i put on the Rough Country 4" lift with their Nitro shocks and leaf springs all around and it rides and handles like a dream.

hotrodder4life

Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Truck Year
84, 84
Truck Model
Silverado C10, K10
Engine Size
502 HO, 305
as for the rear i would go with ord or check coloradok5.com i think it is, they have a shackle flip kit for the rear that will let ya use the rear spring still and give you 4" lift out back. you dont want the springs arched much or it can give a very stiff ride and not have much flex if you offroad much. here is a link i found for them http://coloradok5.com/ also here is ord link http://www.offroaddesign.com/. hope these help you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512