visor worth anything?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K2500 4X4
Engine Size
Bug deflector is gone. Window vent sticky on things will not be going back on and on the fence about the aftermarket grab handles.
Again used to think they looked dumb but now they seem Like cool “period correct” accessories!
I must be getting old, because I use to think only old men and Mexicans added that crap to their vehicles! Lol.
You're right about the old guys and Mexicans comment, but the problem is that with some of that stuff if you remove it, you'll have holes left behind in the roof or the cab. So, I think you did the right thing by getting rid of the bug guard and plastic window things, and then I'd probably leave the grab handles. I personally really don't care for the visor, but that's a personal opinion, and I'm not sure what it would look like under it. There might be holes left and scratched/different shade paint from not being in the sun, etc. Being butchered might look worse than the visor. Kinda like a girl that gets a tummy tuck, and now she looks like SpongeBob with a giant scar

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I was a kid around the same time you were a kid (you're not that much older than me) but I've literally never even seen one of those goofy things in person. Lund visors, fastbacks, multi tube rollbars with KC lights on top and hurricane rims were all over the place around me, but I never saw one of those roof spoiler things one time even to this day. Maybe that's why I'm not a fan? Lol looks like a damned duck bill

Yeah I don't know, must have been some kind of regional thing. They weren't super common to see in my area, but they were often seen. Primarily on the gmt 400 trucks when they were newer. Thinking back, the area a grew up in was pretty cool. Hot rods, customs, classics, stock muscle cars, modified muscle cars, custom 2wd trucks, big lifted 4x4 trucks, etc were seen all around in the warmer months.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Lol looks like a damned duck bill

Yeah ive heard them called that actually. I respect your option, as im sure you do mine; but man i think they are rad,lol
More mad max meets knight rider than anything:mexsmoke: I grew up in a trailer park so the only cool cars around belonged to coke and ice dealers...and im not talking refreshments. I dont condone that ****. Its just what I knew as a kid. squarebody's with roll pans, duckbills, and visors

I want the whole kit n caboodle. Everything but the fuzzy dice. I dont know why either...just dig it I guess.
Now dont get me wrong. I aint doing that to my gmc. But id build one that way if I had 10 or so other builds completed.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yeah ive heard them called that actually. I respect your option, as im sure you do mine; but man i think they are rad,lol
More mad max meets knight rider than anything:mexsmoke: I grew up in a trailer park so the only cool cars around belonged to coke and ice dealers...and im not talking refreshments. I dont condone that ****. Its just what I knew as a kid. squarebody's with roll pans, duckbills, and visors

I want the whole kit n caboodle. Everything but the fuzzy dice. I dont know why either...just dig it I guess.
Now dont get me wrong. I aint doing that to my gmc. But id build one that way if I had 10 or so other builds completed.
Yeah man it's all good. Everyone's got their own taste in styling. Do whatever you want to your truck, I know there's a lot of people who probably wouldn't agree with a lot of what I think is cool. I mean it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I hope you're able to track one down

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Yeah man it's all good. Everyone's got their own taste in styling. Do whatever you want to your truck, I know there's a lot of people who probably wouldn't agree with a lot of what I think is cool. I mean it's not the worst thing I've ever seen. I hope you're able to track one down

Say...at least its a square body, right! LOL
The problem with wanting a duckbill, visor, fender flares , roll pan and bumper valance is that a real body shop that does that kind of custom work is getting hard to find; and when you do be prepared to pay more than im willing. Ill probably never have one unless I find one done up that way from rpo or copo programs. and even then it would be an arm and a leg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia