Vacuum line routing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79Scott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10-Silverado
Engine Size
305ci
Hey Guys,
I need a bit of help routing the vacuum lines on my 250 integral head I6 motor. I did take some photos before I pulled the cylinder head off and now I'm in the midst reassembly to the point of hooking everything back up and the photos aren't the best.

Would anyone have some detailed photos or drawings that shows the correct way to route these things? I have the decal in the engine bay but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me......

Thanks

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
On a 79 correct?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I guess - going by your coordinates - that you are around Richmond VA. So we'll assume it's not a California emissions package.

That's good, because out of the 13 emissions diagrams for 1979 C/K trucks with a 4.1 L engine - 9 are variations of the California package. That leaves just 4 and two of those four are exactly the same as the other two.

That leaves two. One of the two remaining diagrams shows two evaporative canisters - which usually indicates the truck is (or was) equipped with dual fuel tanks.

So we end up with this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Does your diagram match the one on the left?

79Scott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10-Silverado
Engine Size
305ci
I guess - going by your coordinates - that you are around Richmond VA. So we'll assume it's not a California emissions package.

That's good, because out of the 13 emissions diagrams for 1979 C/K trucks with a 4.1 L engine - 9 are variations of the California package. That leaves just 4 and two of those four are exactly the same as the other two.

That leaves two. One of the two remaining diagrams shows two evaporative canisters - which usually indicates the truck is (or was) equipped with dual fuel tanks.

So we end up with this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Does your diagram match the one on the left?

Thanks, been off the site for a while. I have a only one canister on my truck. What are the EFE's?

Thanks

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
EFE valves are kind of like heat riser valves. But instead of being self-controlled an EFE is actuated by a vacuum signal - the vacuum signal is controlled by a TVS (thermal vacuum switch).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486