Unhooking TBI Engine Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Ok. Whats the trick to unhook the tbi engine wiring harness from the firewall on 88 C1500? I see nothing but bunch of clips and child proof stuff so it wont get unplugged.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Can you get some pics Dave? I'm not familiar with the GMT-400...I just did one for Hotrod on a SB and it was a 1/4 bolt at the C-100 and a rubber boot leading to the ECM.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Can you get some pics Dave? I'm not familiar with the GMT-400...I just did one for Hotrod on a SB and it was a 1/4 bolt at the C-100 and a rubber boot leading to the ECM.

Yea, I can get a pic but it will be tomorrow though. Its the black box thingy thats over by the master cylinder on drivers side under the TBI box.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
huh? there's a tbi box? and black box by the MC, that's the RWAL box, that thing comes out easy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
huh? there's a tbi box? and black box by the MC, that's the RWAL box, that thing comes out easy.

I'm sure he reffering to the backside of the fuse block where the 2 or 3 wiring harnesses connect. I'd said its bolts or screws too, but I am uncertain what GMT 400 did differant. I can't imagine much.

I am a bit concerned about the child proof stuff Dave refers too though. Maybe he shouldn't be working on it and why they put that stuff in place. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Just pissin in your post toasties Dave. J/K, Chill out. I already see the veins in your forehead bulging out of your head. :roflbow:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I'm sure he reffering to the backside of the fuse block where the 2 or 3 wiring harnesses connect. I'd said its bolts or screws too, but I am uncertain what GMT 400 did differant. I can't imagine much.

I am a bit concerned about the child proof stuff Dave refers too though. Maybe he shouldn't be working on it and why they put that stuff in place. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

Just pissin in your post toasties Dave. J/K, Chill out. I already see the veins in your forehead bulging out of your head. :roflbow:

HA,HA,HA, funny. I'm not laughing. I'm not laughing yet. I'm still not laughing yet. :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
C100 is the connector your talking about. There is a T20 or T25 bolt that goes thru the center of the connector. BTW you have to have a Torx scredriver to unbolt it, the torx sockets will NOT incert deepenough in the connector.

Oh yea the Black box is most likely the Cruise control module that mounts to the firewall.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Ok, It looks like this. But this is pic of it on my 90 C2500.

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that box on the side of the master cylinder and prop valve is the RWAL box I removed mine, it just slips out, you unclip the plug and remove them then the box slides off it's bracket, kinda tough to do so, my bracket rusted and was holding on tight. I had to beat on the box to get it off.

Those plugins unhook like the engine sensors do, lift the tab and pull them off.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
that box on the side of the master cylinder and prop valve is the RWAL box I removed mine, it just slips out, you unclip the plug and remove them then the box slides off it's bracket, kinda tough to do so, my bracket rusted and was holding on tight. I had to beat on the box to get it off.

Those plugins unhook like the engine sensors do, lift the tab and pull them off.

Ok, Just found out theres 1/4 screw in the middle that has to be removed first.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
maybe for the tbi harness but not that RWAL box.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I'm just trying to pull the engine harness so I can pull the engine out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbengston