Ultra rare collectible square body trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I think since they made so many they'll not be rare for a ling time. I mean **** they're already 40 plus years old and you can still find one relatively easy now. About 2 to 3 newbies post I just bought my first square body truck every week. There's such a love and big following for these squares that I don't know if they'll ever be rare in our lifetime. Parts are readily available for them too. Because there's such a love and demand for them. You total it and the insurance company pays very little I'm sure unless you come to agreed value on it. Guess you'd have to ask gas monkey when they wrecked that one the other day. Bet he lost his ass on it.

Like some have said above GM built them as trucks to do work with. That's why they made so many and why I think they won't be labeled as rare for a very long time. You see them every day so that's proof in of itself. I agree with the packages being rare tho. Because those packages numbers were much lower. But, I did see a pic of a rare one today with a side scoop on it. Lol
This hits the nail square on the head. (Pun not intended) The mllions of these trucks made ensures this site will have newbs joining with their first squares for decades yet. Hell, since I sold mine, I've been looking at first gen Rivieras, usually find 2 or 3 prospective ones per week, and they only made the first gen for 3 years. If anything, you could call those uncommon. With these trucks, you still can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least three or four. The clean examples might be uncommon right now, but with so many jumping on the bandwagon, there will be plenty around soon enough.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I wouldn't really include the extended cabs with factory options, as they were converted by a couple of different companies. Not sure if it was available to all dealers, or just a few dealers that offered them. Much like the Ford or Dodge trucks that were converted to suburban type vehicles, more a custom conversion than a rare factory truck.

Oh, I was under the impression that they were a factory thing. I learned something new today!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Oh, I was under the impression that they were a factory thing. I learned something new today!
Nope. I think if that had been factory, you'd have seen them everywhere. Look how many they made when it became available a couple years later in the gmt400 trucks. It's actually a challenge to find one of those as a standard cab w/an eight foot bed, especially a 4x4.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
This hits the nail square on the head. (Pun not intended) The mllions of these trucks made ensures this site will have newbs joining with their first squares for decades yet. Hell, since I sold mine, I've been looking at first gen Rivieras, usually find 2 or 3 prospective ones per week, and they only made the first gen for 3 years. If anything, you could call those uncommon. With these trucks, you still can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least three or four. The clean examples might be uncommon right now, but with so many jumping on the bandwagon, there will be plenty around soon enough.
This is all very true, but I think what happened with these trucks is that soooooo many people had them that the demand is high as well.
I saw 3 or 4 just yesterday on my way home from work, but I've also had 2 people randomly stop at my house in the last 2wks and ask if I'd consider selling mine. It's weird.
They spanned a lot of years, so a ton of people have fond memories of them (myself included, considering it's all my grandfather ever bought on his farm).

Speaking of the crew cabs and rarity, my dad had a red 1t crew cab as a work truck back in the 80s. Non-dually 4x4. That was a really cool truck. It had a lift gate and a crane on it, and it was ordered by the township utility department for pulling pumps out of lift stations and such.
I wish I knew where that truck was. I never see them, and its ideally what I wanted when I started this journey.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
In case it hasn't been mentioned the official number is around 15 million units total across the square body product run.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
In case it hasn't been mentioned the official number is around 15 million units total across the square body product run.

Only a couple trucks

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow

Yeah, but mine is 1 of 3 built on March 3rd, 1978, in Grey SWB, with a 250, 3 speed, and with the ashtray installed by Paul because the normal guy, Mike, was on break.

150K Firm, I KNOW WHAT I HAVE!!!!!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, but mine is 1 of 3 built on March 3rd, 1978, in Grey SWB, with a 250, 3 speed, and with the ashtray installed by Paul because the normal guy, Mike, was on break.

"....low ballers will be blocked...."

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci

Hate to break it to you, but they found out that Paul was a pedo. You'll be lucky to get 100k for that truck.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Hate to break it to you, but they found out that Paul was a pedo. You'll be lucky to get 100k for that truck.

I always got a strange vibe from Paul. I knew someone should have let the forklift run him over.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
That's pretty much what these thing's come down to. You can home in as much as you like, but someone is going to come along and have had one just like it, except the opposite color, and a long bed, and 4x4... That doesn't really happen when you have a Hemi Cuda lol

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Donnieray mentioned the np833, I recall my dad having one in a c30 he had. Was kinda weird, as a kid, I didn't know the difference, but later in life, he told me about the transmission, it wasn't the standard top load 4 speed sm465 we all know.
Had to have been a np833.

One that's somewhat rare (to me) is a single cab, long bed k30. You don't really see that very much around these parts.

Now here's a question. And I've seen it before, does the weird extended cab truck exist? Or is that a myth? I've seen it a time or 2.

The Choo Choo customs trucks are somewhat a rarity. Someone had a c30 choo choo customs up for sale a few years back. Kinda unique.

Edit: I realize that's redundant, what I'm saying is I've seen extended cab squares, is that a real think, or did someone make some bs up?

It's almost as if it's a single cab, but extra storage was added in behind the seats, not somewhere to sit so much, but like a shelf.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
But I have also seen an extended cab truck as well. What's the deal?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I think what the more knowledgeable guys were saying is that they were aftermarket—coach companies like the Centurion Ford Suburban looking things.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think what the more knowledgeable guys were saying is that they were aftermarket—coach companies like the Centurion Ford Suburban looking things.

Yep. They were done as conversions just like the 4-door Broncos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyHansen