Turn signal power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

7900_Blazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Francis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Looking at this wiring diagram, to me it looks like there are two fuses that could be out?

In the pic below, it looks like the turn signal fuse (which is dead) gets its power from the fuse being pointed at by the sharpie… which gets its power when the ignition switch (circled junction) is turned on.

Am I reading this correctly?

Is so, how do I identify the fuse being pointed at via the sharpie?

You must be registered for see images attach

7900_Blazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Francis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Does radio, wipers, fan all work?
The power supplied from engine bay likely goes to ignition switch which that feeds that areas highlighted by the previous pic on the bus bar Matt mentioned. The reason I believe he said check internally would likely be that the other stuff I asked like radio if they work, the you likely have a working ignition switch power source but the distribution on the fuse block is broken or has issues inside or on its wiring because a bad switched source of power would probably make the other ones dead too

I don’t have a radio, everything works except this one fuse connection.

Ive tested every fuse in the panel and they are all good except this one and neither side of the fuse holder has power.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Before tearing apart the fuse box, turn on the headlights. The dash lamp fuse won’t have power until the lights are on. Since your having trouble reading the fuse box labels I assume the silk screening labels are long gone.

it would suck to tear all that out to find the dead fuse is dash lamps!!!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I don’t have a radio, everything works except this one fuse connection.

Ive tested every fuse in the panel and they are all good except this one and neither side of the fuse holder has power.
It’s very common for fuses to fuse other fuses my park avenue has three fuse centers, and you can have. Maxi fuse feed power to boxes, individual fuses feed power to each other’s individual circuits, etc.. it’s weird, but it’s complexity that has a reason.
I thought it was obvious your truck has two different circuits for turn. It would be kinda dumb to make the dashindicators carry the load of a stock system through them, they are on printed circuit lol

haven’t you ever had a indicator bulb burned but both sides work normal? Yeah

7900_Blazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Francis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Update: That DIR SIG fuse block ended up having a dead wire behind the fuse panel. I guess 46 years of vibration finally caused it to break - easy fix - Make Turn Signals Work Again!!!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Update: That DIR SIG fuse block ended up having a dead wire behind the fuse panel. I guess 46 years of vibration finally caused it to break - easy fix - Make Turn Signals Work Again!!!
Really? Just the one thing affected ? Interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBSS GUY