Tuff Country EZ-ride 6" vs BDS 6" Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Truck will be on 16/35/16.5 Boggers on 16.5x14 Bart Wheels and 8-lug axles. What real differences are there between these two springs? I know BDS has a no BS warranty (I break it, they replace it) but do either of the springs ride better than one another or are they for the most part comparable or identical?

Also, I know BDS offers Fox 2.0 shocks as an add-on for their kit and ORD offers Bilstein 5125's. I've run Bilsteins on F350's and currently on my dually and the price between piecing ORD's kit with BDS's kit (including the upgrade to full rear springs) is within a couple hundred bucks. Very negligible in my opinion so really, is one of these springs really "better" than the other or they pretty much comparable? Also, any input on the Fox 2.0's or just stick with the Bilsteins?
Thanks in advance for ya'lls time.

:cheers:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They are very very comparable. I have no shock advice though, I've always just run basic shocks.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I've got a set of the 4" EZ rides in the front of my truck. They're much softer than the stock negative arched springs.

Remember that the low rate springs will sag more if you have a big block, built bumper and/or a winch.

I've got a set of the Rancho RS9000XL's all the way around my truck and love the adjust ability of them. Sometimes it seems like they may not have enough damping since the front end is a little bouncy now, but im contributing that to the fact that the springs actually move now.

Between bilsteins and fox's look at what each manufacturer has to offer with rebuilding/servicing, tuning for your truck's needs versus a stock rate, cost and ease of acquiring a new set if one does fail.

metal tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
84 & 85
Truck Model
K10 x2
Engine Size
305 x2
I would get the Fox shocks for the simple reason that they can be revalved to suit your setup. The Bilstein's while very good shocks cannot be tuned to your suspension. As long as you don't mind the $$ get the Fox.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70meyers