Truck stalling. Tv cable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
New to the 700r4 transmission world.
I have a 454 with holley 750 on my truck
tv cable unhooked it will high idle around 1500 rpm and I can apply throttle
With cable hooked up it idles around 300rpm and stalls. If I give it any gas it stumbles worse and dies. It's also very difficult to start truck with tv cable hooked up. Any insight on this is greatly appreciated

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
That is a wierd one. Have you tried adjusting the TV cable or is it pulling the throttle back.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
That is odd... almost sounds like vacuum leak? Something is up with linkage or secondary venture is opening somehow??

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
That is odd... almost sounds like vacuum leak? Something is up with linkage or secondary venture is opening somehow??
No vacuum leak very odd situation for sure. I am trained technician and own and operate my own yacht repair buisness. Never seen anything like this. I'm wondering if tv cable being a bit tight is causing high fluid pressure causing bog?

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Very interested thought. I don't know enough about auto trannys. Any tranny builders out here?

Trucksareforwork

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tv shouldn’t really interfere with the throttle at idle at all, so first thing I would check is whether the tv is so tight it’s closing the throttle plates from their resting position.

When you say “high idle” do you actually mean with the high idle cam engaged? If you start it on high idle, then kill it, then restart it, are you still on the high idle cam? Might be worth a check and might just mean you need more idle screw.

If you are idling on the transition circuit, and if your plates close from something pulling the throttle closed from there you will likely stall, so check how much play is in the throttle linkage first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey