Trick to get glass lined up in door?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
I swapped my passenger side vent window and installed new seals, but am having issues getting it all to line up properly. Seems i can only get 1 side in at a time. I had both partially for a little bit, but couldn't get it fully in.

It also binds a bit, i lubed up the regulator and that helped, but i can't get that last 1/4" to roll up. I loosened up the tracks and now both are off, and i gave up for today.

What is the trick to get it to all like back up properly?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
You put new window channel seal in? I'd imagine it would be tight. Maybe some silicone spray on the seal to let it slide better? Is it power windows? The spring on the regulator rusts up and binds, need to lube that up really good. And I mean literally take it out of the truck and flush the dirt and rust out of the spring while physically moving it back and forth it's full range, and do the same thing with lubing it up. One regulator I actually took the spring off and cleaned it, repainted it and lubed it but it was a real bastard to put back on. And i'm sure the window motor seen better days too.

Last edited:

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Ya, power windows. I sprayed a bunch of triflow at the spring. And new channel seal. Bit trying to get all the pieces lined back up is a real bitch.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
well....

no only did the PO gouge the crap out of the 2 upper bolt holes in the door, they also never reinstalled the lower 2 bolts......

all 4 bolts back in place with big fender washers on the top 2 and the window now goes up and down as it should! little bind somewhere in the middle i can't quite figure out. hoping it is just the new felts. either way it works way way way better than it did before

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus