Transmission Crossmember

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am in need of a crossmember for my 85 K10. It's the W style. Every one that I have found in the junkyard is bent just like mine, so I am wondering if anyone has a part number so I can search around for some NOS.

Thank for any help!

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I am in need of a crossmember for my 85 K10. It's the W style. Every one that I have found in the junkyard is bent just like mine, so I am wondering if anyone has a part number so I can search around for some NOS.

Thank for any help!

Pretty typical, if you wasnt so far away i could make you one like I made for mine. Theres a picture of it in my 85 K30 build thread if you want to look at it and possably build your own.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have no welding skills, and don't trust anyone around here. haha

What would you charge? I'd pay whatever shipping cost.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I have no welding skills, and don't trust anyone around here. haha

What would you charge? I'd pay whatever shipping cost.

Just a rough guess, would be around 100.00 shipped ofcourse I am guessing the shipping would be about 25.00. If You want me to build it I will have to have some really good measurements off of your existing cross member.

Post up some pictures of what you have. Make sure you include pictures of the transmssion mount.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Not my picture, but this is the one I have. And 100 shipped is fine. I can get you whatever measurements you need.

You must be registered for see images attach

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
To make it easy on us I will make a drawing of the cross member and label all the measurements that I will need.

There are a few different ways i can go about making it, Either using Square tubing (which is how I made mine), or I could make it out of channell iron.
BOTH will be as strong if not stronger then the OEM. and Both will be a direct fit.
I will draw it out real quick.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Whichever you can make for $100 shipped is fine with me :handshake:

My crossmember being bent wont affect measurements enough to throw you off, will it?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Ok heres a CRUDE drawing of it.
attachment.php

The sooner you can get the measurements the better. If I can get the measurements by tommorow I can get it built sunday.

Attachments

• crossmember.jpg
    crossmember.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 205

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Whichever you can make for $100 shipped is fine with me :handshake:

My crossmember being bent wont affect measurements enough to throw you off, will it?

It shouldnt, BUT it would be nice to see a picture of yours especially where it is bent. I could probably take the measurements off of my 85 BUT mine is a 1 ton frame and not sure if that would effect it.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I am away from the truck for work for a week or so, I will see if my dad can jerk it off and get you measurements. But i really bet all of the crossmembers are the same.

HRPC had posted a picture of the crossmember that I have, so I PMed him asking if he would be able to provide measurements, so hopefully he can and get those measurements to you more quickly than I can.

Worst case scenario, I get it all to you after Christmas and you can build it when you have time. Truck is not a driver, so I am in no huge "must have it tomorrow" rush.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just thought about this..

My crossmember is bent so badly, that when I tried putting on a new trans mount, I was not able to bolt it up. The current mount has broken rubber, so it has a tremendous amount of flex in it.

So I think my crossmember will be worthless to get accurate measurements from, so hopefully HRPC or someone else can chime in and help me out.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I am away from the truck for work for a week or so, I will see if my dad can jerk it off and get you measurements. But i really bet all of the crossmembers are the same.

HRPC had posted a picture of the crossmember that I have, so I PMed him asking if he would be able to provide measurements, so hopefully he can and get those measurements to you more quickly than I can.

Worst case scenario, I get it all to you after Christmas and you can build it when you have time. Truck is not a driver, so I am in no huge "must have it tomorrow" rush.

Ok I will call HRPC and talk to him it may be faster then having him respond to Pm's. If your not in a hurry for it another thing you could do but would cost a little more, is ship your bent crossmember to me for me to use as a pattern. If you dont mind paying the extra shipping that is.

AJII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This is the pic HRPC has posted of his crossmembers. Mine is the bottom one. I bought one like the top one, hoping it would fit, but it would not work.

If you can call and talk to him and get measurements, that'd be awesome.

attachment.php

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Not sure when he can get the measurements. If your dad can get them or if we can get anyone else to chime in it would be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
92 X-Ray