Tool Question- what are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Linville33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Scotsdale
Engine Size
SBC 400
Pilot bearing removal tool? Thought that's what mine looks like although can't find it at the moment

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Well, the most plausible response over at GJ was "Self threading tapered screw plug. Used to stop leaks in steel tanks or pipelines."

Since the owner worked in the oil fields I would assume that's where he got them. Only issue now is what to do with them, I don't expect to have any leaky tanks or pipes anytime soon but feel kinda weird just tossing 'em in the trash.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Well, the most plausible response over at GJ was "Self threading tapered screw plug. Used to stop leaks in steel tanks or pipelines."

Since the owner worked in the oil fields I would assume that's where he got them. Only issue now is what to do with them, I don't expect to have any leaky tanks or pipes anytime soon but feel kinda weird just tossing 'em in the trash.

I also peruse GJ
Mostly the tool, toolbox, workbench, organization, and shop threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy