Throwing in the Towel, Time to Give Up !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks guys. I'll get it worked out one way or another. The worse part of this whole deal is being controlled by Dr's and Insurance Companies, along with Gubment Red Tape BS. I just wish the Dr's would understand, I've been this way for 12 years or so and up until my divorce in 2004 I did fine. Now I've struggled ever since being a single income household. Hell, if I had a live in GF or wife, I'd probably be fine, but in the situation I'm in, that's not even on the radar. If you're in a pile of ****, then that's what you'd end with for a mate, is a pile of ****. That won't do me a bit of good. No Thang, it is what it is, and I'll deal with it as best I can, long as I can. I'll either make it or I won't. That simple.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
Women ain't always all there cracked up to be. I found a decent one after 20 years of looking, but I still enjoyed my single days. Dont be so hard on yourself, I'm a fat middle age tow truck driver myself and know where you are coming from. Just keep your head up you seem like a fairly smart guy so don't let the financial situation bring you down. Things haven't been good around my place money wise eather. Last week we only done $3-400 in wrecker work al together. That's not even half of payroll so it's putting me in a bind fast to. Another of the local small towers called last night trying to sell me his towing business. He has 4 trucks and there all down, and he is down to his last $5 since its been slow.

woodsrider250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350-Qjet
Dang, doesn't take much to turn that 2bbl 455 into a complete beast.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Well, that puts an end to the Olds 455 Variable Pitch Th400 in the 84 20 Dream to rest.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/3347039051.html 70 Olds 455 $400

Sold Bitches !!! The ad was up for 15 minutes and he hit me up and got directions. He came from a bit out of town but he hauled ass. It's loaded paid for and gone. He's taking it to TX for a Jet Boat Build.

attachment.php

You must be registered for see images

Man that went quick. I just hope those $100's are genuine. My old supervisor was having a yard sale a few years back and a lady came with some hundreds and asked for change. Since he had sold a bunch of stuff he had a bunch of $20's and obliged her request. When he went to the bank he found they were counterfeit.

HotRod, not sure what happened but I hope your situation improves quickly.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Women ain't always all there cracked up to be. I found a decent one after 20 years of looking, but I still enjoyed my single days. Dont be so hard on yourself, I'm a fat middle age tow truck driver myself and know where you are coming from. Just keep your head up you seem like a fairly smart guy so don't let the financial situation bring you down. Things haven't been good around my place money wise eather. Last week we only done $3-400 in wrecker work al together. That's not even half of payroll so it's putting me in a bind fast to. Another of the local small towers called last night trying to sell me his towing business. He has 4 trucks and there all down, and he is down to his last $5 since its been slow.

Yeah, tow biz is a bit rough right now I think everywhere. And so damn many companies too. We used to stay busy with our AT&T account, but they are buying more new trucks now, and getting a handle on their CNG vans running out of fuel, so that's hurting badly.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Dang, doesn't take much to turn that 2bbl 455 into a complete beast.

A mild cam, some gasket match porting to the heads along with removing the smog bumps, polishing in the intake runners a bit, an Eddy Performer and 4bbl, it woulda been a torquey ass screamer with about 400-425 hp, and I was going to add a small 100 shot NOS unit for 500-525hp.

Man that went quick. I just hope those $100's are genuine. My old supervisor was having a yard sale a few years back and a lady came with some hundreds and asked for change. Since he had sold a bunch of stuff he had a bunch of $20's and obliged her request. When he went to the bank he found they were counterfeit.

HotRod, not sure what happened but I hope your situation improves quickly.

Yeah, they're good. I'm an experienced Craiglister. I have Counterfit money pens, and the strip was thru them. I've already spent one of them.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
Yeah, tow biz is a bit rough right now I think everywhere. And so damn many companies too. We used to stay busy with our AT&T account, but they are buying more new trucks now, and getting a handle on their CNG vans running out of fuel, so that's hurting badly.

Yea the modern technology is killing us in the towing business. Big company's keep breaking it off in us little mans tail. Wait till you get to start dealing with the new zip cars. There a bastard because there like the smart phone of cars. If your old school like us were totally dumbfounding

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yea the modern technology is killing us in the towing business. Big company's keep breaking it off in us little mans tail. Wait till you get to start dealing with the new zip cars. There a bastard because there like the smart phone of cars. If your old school like us were totally dumbfounding

My boss is all old school and won't move up or even transition gradually to some new school. He won't even buy straps for the roll backs. Some cars are supposed to be strapped down at all 4 wheels and that's that. He says there's always something to chain too. I've actually chained down thru wheels and even hooked chains to the bridle and went thru the front wheels. That was real interesting. All I had was Red shop rags for the chains to not damage wheels. You know how tight is tight enough, when you start pulling the strut towers out at the top. Trust me, it's not good. I've also wanted skates, I can use them I buy them. Also wanted a motorcycle skate. No, he'd rather have to show up so I have to split the ticket with him. BS, I can usually find a cop or fire fighter to hold a fuggin lever for me while I load it. No need in splitting a ticket with the boss who shows up for 5 minutes to push a lever. I've also tried telling him to get rid of the junker F-SuperDuty Vulcan Strapless and go with a Dodge Cummins 5500 and Self loader, man oh man did he lose it when I said Dodge. I told him, there is not a damn part of that powertrain that is Dodge. NONE so what's the big deal??? Somepeople you can't tell anything.
I'd sure use older equipment to get started, and not overload myself, but gradually I'd be stepping into more modern equipment, and if I had some capital to work with right now, it's a great time to pick up some lightly used modern equipment from those guys who got to big headed to fast and over bought, now they can't make their payments.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ahh Fugg !!! I just walked out in the garage and seen the bare spot where the Olds 455 was sitting. Damn it sux. I guess it's not as bad as my dog dying but ****, it really sux. I've wanted to do that powertrain for so damn long

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
455s are still out there. Could have had one for $200 out of a 1969 Toronado but have no use for it nor the desire to pull it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
455s are still out there. Could have had one for $200 out of a 1969 Toronado but have no use for it nor the desire to pull it.

I'da been all over that bitch !!! Toronado 455's are the big valve heads too. Not that, that matters much to me. They are high end hp heads and Olds makes all their power at low end, so kinda ehhh no big deal to me, but it is to some. You know bigger is better??? ******** !!! No true, unless you're talking **** size and I know some girls that bitch about that too beleive it or not.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm perfect at 9, I've been told...Anyhow side issue.

pic or sta.................... NONONONO NO and NO. You could tell me it's 14 and I'll just take your word for it. I don't care. :roflbow:

T ****** MI. --- Lalalalalalalala, I'm not listening !!! :doublepuke:

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Damn HR you gonna give him a lil reach around or is he gonna give you one lol