This came out of the window switch. HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
So....wire broke off for my driver window switch. Where can I find these crimps? I don't even know what to call it? All of my searches turn up every kinda crimp but this one. Can they even be purchased? Or do I need to try to spread it and reuse it? Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I had them break off on my 79 trans am I used the female end spade connector and it jamd in tight enough for my need been 7 years like that. But I do know fbodywarehouse.com sells them

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
So....wire broke off for my driver window switch. Where can I find these crimps? I don't even know what to call it? All of my searches turn up every kinda crimp but this one. Can they even be purchased? Or do I need to try to spread it and reuse it? Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images attach
If it was me I'd just solder the wire to the existing connector and call it good. If there is no extra clearance for a soldered with you could grind the crimp side of the connector down with a dremel or air grinder, and then solder the wire on and there would be no extra room needed.

If you don't solder and you can't find the connector you can mail the connector to me, I'll solder a wire on to it and you can just use a crimp fitting to connect it. I'll even brace that up a little so it'll never break there again.

Hopefully one of those ideas is workable for you.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
If it was me I'd just solder the wire to the existing connector and call it good. If there is no extra clearance for a soldered with you could grind the crimp side of the connector down with a dremel or air grinder, and then solder the wire on and there would be no extra room needed.
I'll likely do that eventually if I can not come up with a new one. But I appreciate your offer.

I had them break off on my 79 trans am I used the female end spade connector and it jamd in tight enough for my need been 7 years like that. But I do know fbodywarehouse.com sells them

I looked on that web site.....but ive yet to find them. Could you send a link? And fir the time being, ive git a male blade terminal rammed in. It works for now...but no way she is going to stay out. Would have used a fem but I was out of the propper size.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
On my 86 when I took off the drivers door panel I found a round eyelet connector crimped on a broken wire,then the P.O. put it over the appropriate post on the switch and pushed the plastic block connector into place which trapped the ring connector. I never would have known it was done,if I hadnt seen it. I put it back the same way. I went and grabbed an old switch and a ring connector to show youc,put it together like this and push the factory connector back in place. I took a pi c for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-02_221804.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-02_221804.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230702_222756.jpg
    20230702_222756.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

EvilGenius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darien
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You can buy new pigtails direct from lmc truck. If your pigtails are in the condition that this type of thing can occur it might be worth just replacing them. I think they are like 10-15 dollars each. Takes about an hour to swap them out

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
Well....
You can buy new pigtails direct from lmc truck. If your pigtails are in the condition that this type of thing can occur it might be worth just replacing them. I think they are like 10-15 dollars each. Takes about an hour to swap them out
Well, Ill see about getting it from them. Being a suburban.....the 4door master switch parts are typically way on backorder. But I never thought about looking for the pigtail. They are only 25min away from me. So I don't even have to pay shipping, and we lucky few get a 10% discount if we call ahead a couple hours before pick up. Im going back to the Pick in Pull tomorrow to see if I can rob one first.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
On my 86 when I took off the drivers door panel I found a round eyelet connector crimped on a broken wire,then the P.O. put it over the appropriate post on the switch and pushed the plastic block connector into place which trapped the ring connector. I never would have known it was done,if I hadnt seen it. I put it back the same way. I went and grabbed an old switch and a ring connector to show youc,put it together like this and push the factory connector back in place. I took a pi c for you.
Thats not a terrible idea either. Ill give that one a go tomorrow.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds

Latest posts

Forum statistics