Power window/lock/mirror Frankenstein conversion??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Greetings. I am attempting to convert my sons fully manual 92 Yukon to power everything using a bunch of junkyard parts. Normally, I would be one of the first to tell people to consult a manual, but since I’m not exactly sure what year/model all these parts came from I don’t know where to look.

My drivers side door switches have the following wire colors:

Lock switch; solid black, black with white tracer, orange black tracer, black/red tracer

Drivers switch switch: pink, blue, brown, black/white tracer, black/orange tracer.

Pass window switch (still drivers door) pink, blue/white, tan, black/orange, black white.

Pass window switch: pink, dark blue, blue/white, tan, brown.

My donor window switch in the drivers door has blue/white, dark blue, tan, blue, black, gray, pink.

Based on these photos and wire colors, can anyone tell me exactly what I’m working with?

I have the power mirror wiring figured out and the harness made. However, the switch will not move either mirror to the right. The switch is defective, anyone in readerland know if a aftermarket replacement is available, if not, anyone have an extra?

Thanks!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
I made harnesses for the power windows and door locks. All of that works as expected and very well. Of course, once the truck was finished my son decided he wanted keyless entry. why couldn’t he have thought of that will we were building the harnesses??

I have tried a different mirror switch, same result. Neither mirror will move right, but both move to the left.

Since the same 2 wires move the mirrors to the left and the right (just reversed the polarity) common sense suggests if it moves left the switch is defective.

So either I have 2 switches with the same defect, or I’m missing something. Haven’t really had much time to mess with it.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Very interesting. I looked In my book and couldn't find a wire diagram for power mirrors or maybe I missed it. I guess the only thing to do might be checking the switches you have with a multi meter to rule them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod