Brake Switch Wire 1981 C-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
My project truck was used as a squirrel/rat haven for a number of years so I am chasing some wiring issues. They chewed through both wires going to the brake light switch. I know the white wire connects up to the turn signal bulkhead under the steering column. But the other end of the orange wire is totally missing. I see it is supposed to go to the brake fuse in the fuse block. Can anyone snap a photo or photos of how the orange wire connects to the fuse block. I'm a bit lost on this one. Its a 1981 model so the spade fuse block.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'l try to get a good photo today.

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
It would be greatly appreciated. Usually I've had the other end of the wire at least somewhere in the area to reconnect with but this time its all gone.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So, I looked. I'm pressing on the brake pedal, and you can see the Brake light switch unloaded (brakes on), but the wire goes into the harness and ?? Ida know. So, the 81 factory shop manual shows the Stop LP switch connector goes up into a harness, that runs under the dash and into the main harness, which goes to the fuse box. My truck is an 81, and the shop manual is for 1981 only. Yes, thats my head in the lower first photo.

Attachments

• Library - 1 of 2 (2).jpeg
    Library - 1 of 2 (2).jpeg
    148.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Library - 2 of 2 (2).jpeg
    Library - 2 of 2 (2).jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 50

Drauka99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
6.0 LQ4
that helps some. I'll poke around under there some more and see if I can find the other end in the main dash harness. THANK YOU!!
All I have is about 6" of wire loom and those 2 wires flopping around. atleast with your photo I can see how it was routed and see if that leads me to the other wires.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you look at the Ash tray back view, you can see that the wires are halfway up the dashboard. Perhaps if you remove all your instruments, those wires should be just below and visible. I know, you don't want to remove the instruments. I don't blame you. But Mickey has been there. you may find other damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag