The swap started today.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Before shoving that new enjun in the hole, if it were Mine, I`d be shoving a new oil pump and rear main seal in it too. Also the front transmission pump seal.
Good thread, nice truck and build too.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I second the Oil pump and rear main seals. I do an oil pump on these about 1 every other week. and the seals are about 3 a year.

Also on your springs. You want to look at bind height/ installed height. and give about a .050 safety margin.
Installed height - Bind height - .050 , and compare to your lift.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It's out!

You must be registered for see images attach

Ahhhh the ever present murder scene under the truck lol

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
spending the week in Austin, TX with my grandson back at the swap next weekend. Probably start with getting the fuel system set up. Then I'm going to double check the timing chain gear dots and whether they line up just right. Having a bad feeling that they might not be right. After that, the wiring harness.

When I do them, I spin the engine around twice, or more. If they still line up, I'm happy.

There's really no reason to do oil pumps on LS engines, they aren't really failure prone, just the O-ring that goes onto the pickup is.

The pushrod length doesn't have a formula, per se, you just use a adjustable length rod and mess with it until you get it perfect. In your case since you didn't go over .600 of lift, and didn't cut the heads or anything, the factory 7.4 length should be fine.

I actually just put a very similar cam and springs in mine, but you're moving at a fast rate than I am lol.

For the fuel system, Spectra makes a tank with sending unit for 87's that's a drop in for older trucks. Then you can adapt the lines with Russel fittings, like this,

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
OK so the engine is "in". LOL. Tried to install the engine and trans together but the hoist we were using made that impossible (wouldn't reach high enough) So we put the engine in by itself and are about an inch away from having the mounts line up. What a pain! Got dark and cold so we put it away for a couple days. Going to get back in there today and hopefully get the engine mounted and start working on the trans.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I swear I was gonna point that out to you lol!
No need I see them everywhere except on my truck lol and I bet if he took them off and sent them to me that engine would fall right in.......it’s worth a shot anyway lol

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
No need I see them everywhere except on my truck lol and I bet if he took them off and sent them to me that engine would fall right in.......it’s worth a shot anyway lol
They are probably what got in the way when he tried to put the engine and trans in together!

Biggin0822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am an inch away from lining up the engine mount holes so when I'm done with that please put the next few engine and trans install steps in order for me.....

1. trans install
2. wiring install
3. fuel system install
4. cooling system (rad and elec. fans)
5. bumper thingy removal

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I am an inch away from lining up the engine mount holes so when I'm done with that please put the next few engine and trans install steps in order for me.....

1. trans install
2. wiring install
3. fuel system install
4. cooling system (rad and elec. fans)
5. bumper thingy removal
You selling the bumper thingys?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
bumper thingys.. want some for my truck, guess I need to replace beat up bumper first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507