TBI wiring harness recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
I've had enough mucking about with the old 1991 wiring harness and it not working in the 1982. One of those can't find a #%#ed thing wrong with it but it still doesn't work situations. Pour fuel down it and it runs but the system will not open the injectors. Spent a ton of $ replacing parts already - and the donor truck ran great.

The 91 engine and 700R4 came from a C3500 so emissions controls were bare minimum, just vacuum operated EGR and PCV plus a normal cat. No air pump or anything else. No cat on the 1982 since at that time one ton trucks still had zero emissions controls.

I don't currently have AC in the 82, got a compressor eliminator pulley, but I may install it some time in the future.

I do have a VSS from Jags That Run, connected between the transmission and the original speedo cable.

I have the O2, MAP, separate water temp sensors for gauge and computer, and using the 1991 dual oil pressure sensor for computer and gauge.

What aftermarket harness have you used? Needs to use the VSS and have ALDL.

Once the bleeping thing runs, I plan on having the chip flashed with highway cruise mode enabled.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Check out Howell EFI. They were one of the original companies doing TBI conversions back in the day.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Do you have a computer hooked up to your existing system for data loging. You really need to see what the ecm is doing to figure out why injectors are not trigering

Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Do you have a computer hooked up to your existing system for data loging. You really need ti see what the ecm is doing to figure out why injectors are not trigering

2X^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamenobueno