SWEET SCORE! Wiper Delay Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Don't throw these units out. I'm loking for a dead board to do an autopsy on. I'll post a schematic and parts list along with pictures in the library.

The switch may or may not be repairable. However, If you have a dead board inside that module it's repairable for someone with the tools and expertise. The difficult parts to source are the plastic PC-Board shell, heatsink, and the Delphi Pak Con connector shells.

The pigtails are Delphi Pak Con connectors. Pak Con terminals are available from the usual suspects... Mouser, Digikey, Newark, ... SXL wire is easy to source too.

The boards are 1970's & 80's through-hole discrete components. IIRC there aren't any proprietary components Just signal & rectifier Diodes, Electrolytic Capacitors, Resistors, One CD4000 series TTL chip (don't remember what flavor... Probably a CD4001 Quad NOR Gate), and a TO220 or TO247 package FET. All of them are available from the major and minor component suppliers... Even the ancient TTL chip and the FET.

They can be repaired even if the traces have lifted off the board. The board is single sided. It can be reproduced by a prototype board house or even etched using home PC board kits.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, as far as I'm concerned, there are no '78-'83 switches/modules that should be thrown out.

And I'm definitely in for whatever parts are leftover, lol.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I went a different direction on my 76... 1986 column, cab harness, and parts of the engine bay harness. I'm just interested in doing a little hacking when the weather gets nasty. LOL.

Posting the schematics and the parts list would make sure the people with the right skill set could repair em easily.

If I fixed one I'd need a Guinea pig with a 78-83 truck and the proper switch to make sure it actually works.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Posting the schematics and the parts list would make sure the people with the right skill set could repair em easily.

If I fixed one I'd need a Guinea pig with a 78-83 truck and the proper switch to make sure it actually works.

I've got the same plans as you. I just keep forgetting to drop my module off at Dad's house so he can take a look at it. He did the same thing with my '84 module a few years ago. He identified all the parts and printed off a picture diagram for me. And fixed the module too of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesardelacadena