Suburban stock speaker sizes / location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

facelessnumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I could take all this apart myself and find out, and I may yet, but I bet someone here knows already...

1. What size speakers fit in my Suburban's stock locations? Looks like 6x9's in the back? Or is it some other oddball oval shape?

2. I don't know if I want to put the front speakers in the dash. Probably not, because I think I'm going to fiberglass the dash pad and smooth it out. I need an alternate location for, say, 6.5" round, maybe shallow mount if necessary? Is there room to mount such speakers flush in the door panels? How 'bout the kick panels?

Thanks!

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
2 3.5's in the dash and 2 4x10's in back.

And alot of people put kickpanel pods in squares, they look good. Im actually making some of my own atm...

And i would stray away from speakers in the doors, they come in contact with the elements and the door skins hold in moisture.

notverrysmart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
EJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
2 3.5's in the dash and 2 4x10's in back.

And alot of people put kickpanel pods in squares, they look good. Im actually making some of my own atm...

And i would stray away from speakers in the doors, they come in contact with the elements and the door skins hold in moisture.

I will second staying away from speakers in the doors. The p/o put 6x9s in the doors and they fire right into the seat because the window motor is in the front section of the door. No issues so far from the elements though *knock on wood*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly