Stumbled a little for a quarter mile or a half mile while giving it a little throttle going 45mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big _Betsy_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350ci
5 year old 350 engine, 10 year old 1406 edelbrock I have rebuilt a couple times. Fuel pump is a couple years old. I think it might be a vacuum leak but I did just adjust the choke to the front of the truck considerably (eighth or a quarter turn) because I am fed up with the fast idle slipping off the choke and the truck stalling out right after firing up a cold engine. Ive been holding my foot on the gas for a min or two to warm her up before I drive off. The wiring harness is all brand new headlights to tailights. She has been running great so even this mild of stumble is puzzling. Any ideas? Am I sooting up my spark plugs?

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
What's age on distributor?
Have you checked for air leaks around throttle blade rods?
Might aswell change spark plugs and wires if more than 2 years old.

What type/brand of cam and what oil do you run

Big _Betsy_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350ci
I like the plugs and wires idea. The distributor is as old as the engine (5 years). Take a look at the inside of the fuel filter, attached. I just replaced it and am going to try firing it up. Might clean out the gas tank when I replace the sheet metal in the rear end.
You must be registered for see images attach

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I like the plugs and wires idea. The distributor is as old as the engine (5 years). Take a look at the inside of the fuel filter, attached. I just replaced it and am going to try firing it up. Might clean out the gas tank when I replace the sheet metal in the rear end.
You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah that's not looking too healthy. Also once replaced an old school trick is to smother engine out by covering carb intake with heavy towel. The high vacuum pulls any junk out of where it's not supposed to be.

Big _Betsy_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
350ci
Yeah that's not looking too healthy. Also once replaced an old school trick is to smother engine out by covering carb intake with heavy towel. The high vacuum pulls any junk out of where it's not supposed to be.
Right, or suck something further into where it doesnt belong! Thanks for al the info!

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
I've used some form of that on different engines to clear em out. I like to Rev it up and choke the crap out of it till she just about dies and then open her up for a recovery a couple times or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe