Stolen Squarebodies to be on the look out for.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Z
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Someone stole it from your house??? WTF!

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
This really touches a nerve.

Have any of you used, or thought about using, those red steering column guards? Roughly $72 via that online seller, and about $15 more on ebay. I really want to either get one, or mock up my own version and have a local fabrication shop make it.

I've seen the versions that mount permanently and blend, but I don't want something that blends. I want something that stands out and keeps my truck from being broken into in the first place. Something that says, "You're gonna spend a lot of time trying to unf*ck this lock, and risk the owner coming out shooting you."

Opinions?
http://simjack.com:8185/

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The durteee sunsabitches.
I never seen a lock like that before. I think I better do some investing, especially for the 59 Power Wagon.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
I was with my brother when "they" took his '89 K5. Broad daylight, and parked maybe a hundred feet from the parking lot where we were showing our cars in a car show at a big hotel in Long Beach, CA. One minute we were there getting food out of a cooler, the next minute we were back to get something else and there was just a giant empty parking space. Could get the PD (CHP, LBPD, etc. to even answer 911). That was it, gone. Just the bare metal shell from the firewall rearward was all they found of that truck about 3 days later in Compton. It was still on the frame and on a different set of wheels. Transmission still in and a trail of ATF lead up the street to the house full of Compton residents who'd stolen and stripped it. All of our belongings were in the house. Of course no one there knew anything about it, and it was all just a big case of racial profiling.........riiiiiight. The pictures of that truck in the wrecking yard made me cry. That was a super nice Blazer.

Anyway, let's talk about these collars. I don't really care that given enough time, large pry bars and PCP that they could be ripped off. Hell, nothing's gonna stop a flat bed or a Repo truck. I just want to stop the "normal" routine of a smashed window or slim-jim, and a screwdriver pounded into the ignition switch. I just want something that says, "This one is going to be too much trouble."

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Someone stole it from your house??? WTF!

Not quite. It was stolen from the apartment complex I live at. It doesn't have the best parking setup. It forces me to park facing a busy road.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well, count mine as stolen. Walked out to go to work and it was gone!

Here's the link to pic library: 1987 Chevy R10

Mutha Fuggas !!! Sumbish I hate to hate to hear **** like this. Sorry buddy. Kinda spoils the holiday doesn't it??? Don't let it do that. It can be replaced in time.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Just to avoid any confusion, the photos of the column guard are of it being used on a GM column exactly like what's used in our trucks. There are a couple versions of locks available for it. One version has that monster chrome lock sitting on top, another version uses a triangular shaped key, and the other version uses the round laundromat machine key.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Mutha Fuggas !!! Sumbish I hate to hate to hear **** like this. Sorry buddy. Kinda spoils the holiday doesn't it??? Don't let it do that. It can be replaced in time.

Thanks. However, it was my only set of wheels. Gotta get'er replaced real quick. Too bad it won't be another square. Prolly end up with a no-frills sub-compact car... Yeah :sarcasm:

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
WOO HOO! I got my truck back today! Police found about 20 minutes from where I live.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Woohoo!!! Was it all in one piece??

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yes! Even came with a hand gun! I'll talk more later.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Good to hear!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
WOO HOO! I got my truck back today! Police found about 20 minutes from where I live.

Sweet! Always good to hear when a vehicle is recovered, and especially in one piece!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg