Stock (I Think) Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So i recently bought my 83 k10. The guy gave me a set of pioneer speakers, which he said came with the truck, weather he meant from the last guy or stock, i have no clue.
I wired them up, but they dont fit into the openings on the sides behind the seat. Not even close actually, gets a couple inches in and they wont go any further.

Eventually, i'm planning on buying new (and better) speakers, although these are pretty decent. But, for now i've just left the behind the seat hooked up - did these come stock with the truck, and should they fit? If so, how, do i have to take the cover off the seat belt thing?

Might be able to get a picture up later, but they are trapezoid like, the back skinny gradually getting larger towards the front.

Thanks!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
These are the kind I always see behind the seats:

You must be registered for see images attach

You might have trouble finding speakers to fit in those brackets. IIRC that size is no longer made - but I gave up looking pretty quick.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Oh, ok, thanks
Sorry, i didn't mean the speakers themselves, but the whole unit in which the speakers mount, that whole unit doesn't fit into the hole.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
That bracket that the speaker is attached to is all there is. There is nothing else (other than the protective grille). The single tab bent at a 90 degree angle is the bottom mount point and there are 2 holes in the bracket at the top that are the upper mounting points. That's all there is to these speakers. I just went out to the truck and took these pics for you- you're lucky it's warm out tonight:

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ah, ok, Thank You!
It turns out i dont have the stock speakers at all. Mine have a much larger box around them, not the bracket that it should be.
For now, im just gonna leave the speakers as they are, eventually ill get something to fit into there, not a big clunky box.

Thanks!

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
They do still make 4x10 speakers..

If you cant find a pair in the store. go to the wreckers and look in the back deck of old montes and cutlass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising