Steering wheel not returning to center

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have the steering pump adjusted all the way out and there's still slack. So I'm researching if the wrong belt is on there from PO.

I did all the work to steering components. Took out some, what appears to be the caster sleeve on the passenger side. The new ball joints came with different sleeves that I inserted and installed the ball joints, torqued to spec.

I can not find an alignment shop that will do anything more than a toe on my solid axle. Even the last place I made clear what I wanted, he even drives a K5, said he knew what to do, and came to pick it up with just a toe alignment. So I'm sick of gambling $$$ for alignments.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This right here, is what EVERYONE needs to post, if they have any steering/wandering issue. AWESOME post Jake!

First off- they did correct your toe issue. Toe wears tires out the fastest, and they did fix that. Your Camber- Keep an eye on the inside of both front tires. Idealy, I would have adjusted your toe in a lot more(to wear the outside of your tires), which would make up for both of your front tires being tilted in at the top(which obviously will wear the inside of the tire)

That is a GREAT printout! Your rear axle is dead on straight. Maybe tweaked a hair, but not worth worrying about. So, after you got done with the ball joints, and before you hooked the tie rods back up to the spindles; did you move both spindles back and forth? Not sure? Do this....

Lift a tire by the axle. Disconnect that tie rod. Does the tire move easily back and forth, by hand? Check the other side next. Let us know what you feel....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knep115