steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Raider, but of advice. If it’s a $100ish and you want it, send the guy a check, and he can ship it. Not worth pining over.

But is it “that” hard to find a serviceable steering column near you? Seems like a little effort locally and this would have been done deal years ago.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Grit dog,

What do you mean, " ...send the guy a check...". With security measures these days I don't think anyone is going to give me their address, or mine in the open on the internet. You never know what kind of whack job is watching. The nut might come buy and rob your ass. Have you ever bought stuff off this site from anyone? How'd ya'll do it? I've been try to find out how it's done, safely. Well, you'd think it would be easy, but in this part of the South we have tons of dirt track truck races and mud bogging going on and Chevy trucks are very popular. Camaro's are real popular to chop up for dirt track racing as well and you can't find a single one of those trucks or cars in any wrecking yards, believe me I've looked.

I have found pickup trucks with steering columns but they are not what I need, like they're missing the shift on the column and are for a floor shift, or they'd not be tilt and I have to have tilt because of my physical disabilities. I have the wrecking yard web sites on my favorites and I search for these trucks coming in all the time. When I talk to the wrecking yard guys and ask them when they come in. They say, yeah every once in a great while they do but they're not in the yard but a few days and then they are gone. If any have showed up I just missed them.

Let me think...there are seven yards in my town. Three are real big ones, and three you can't get into because they are used by the repair shops and the public are not allowed in, nor can you ask for parts from them. And one is pretty far out but they only carry big truck and big rig truck parts and no automobile or light truck parts. Pissy isn't it. And I've been having bad transmission problems for months now and it's starting to act up again and I'm going to have to down it for a few days, as soon as my rotator cup problems in my shoulders backs off, and there's no telling how long it will take. So it's been hard to get out as often as I needed to.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Dang, hard to believe no good truck parts left. Well that stinks.

Regarding the parts, um, PM the person, exchange personal info and go from there. Idk how else to do it. You could PayPal or Venmo the money but still someone has to trust someone.
Or not going to get a steering column shipped to you from wherever.

BTW, they’re like $200 free shipping online, new. By the time you spend $100 + shipping for used ????

Last edited:

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Grit dog,

I don't have any problem trusting this member, even though I don't know him what he's charging for the column it's not like he's going to get rich off me. He's just helping out a fellow member even though that's a naive attitude, it doesn't matter.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
climb-101,

I haven't heard from you if you'd like to sell that column to me. If so can you put up a couple of pics of it. If it's in good shape I'll buy it.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
@Raider L I have an auto tilt out of a '75. The only visible damage is the small piece above the turn lever is missing, and no wheel. I can take some pics when I get home. The only thing I want off it is the turn lever itself since it's an original cruise lever and I want to adapt it to my setup.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Bennyt,

And what kind of shape is it in? No dents, cracks, or visible damage? It sounds good. But with all the security we will need to ask the guys who've created this site as to how do we go about communicating each others addresses, phone numbers, etc. Payment would be easy because I pay for things off the net, i.e. bills, house note, etc. with U.S. Post Office money orders exclusively. And in this case I would pay it with one of the postal money orders. I've paid my bills with them for over thirty years. Most people these days use credit or bank cards for everything. I've gone the other way due to security issues. I've posted back and forth with one of the older members who might know let me see if I can find out and if you know any of the administrators then let me know what they say how we're to contact each other because I can't figure it out. They must have something special set up just for people buying stuff from each other.

Just sent you a PM with my contact info. I apologise for the delay. My days off are few and far between since Covid started.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara