Stake Pocket Body tie downs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
My 87 Squarebody has the typical stake pockets in the top of the bed. It has nothing in the bed for tie downs, etc. What do you guys use? Are the stake pockets standard size you can install the typical D Rings or loops that I see on line? I'd rather not drill in the bed to install anything if I don't have to. My truck is getting to the point I can start using it to haul things- mainly my kayaks and paddle boards and I need a way secure them with straps in the bed.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I went back and forth on this for a while with my truck. I finally decided to add some d-rings down low on the rear stake pockets, directly behind the tail lights so I could easily access the hardware. They're very useful, I haul alot of stuff that needs to be tied down down low, so the stake pockets aren't always an option. You can kind of see them here. The front stake pockets have a hole in the bottom of them that's just the right size for a hook, so I didn't add D-rings to them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the holes for the D-rings. I haven't reinstalled them since I had the bedliner done. Might do that today actually...

I also put some smaller tie downs on the sides of my toolbox. I made sure to put a double plate on the inside so it sandwhiches the box and won't pull out. Super heavy stuff I always put at the back on the tailgate but I've cranked down on these pretty good without any issues. The toolbox is bolted down using the bed bolts too, so it's not going anywhere

EvilGenius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darien
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I haven't done it yet, but my plan is to install some rivnuts in a couple strategic spots inside the bed to have installation points for hooks or other hardware that I deem handy. Then I don't have to worry about the backside being accessible.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I used to have those...Filled them in before paint. ;)

JT58

Reaction score
First Name
JT
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I went back and forth on this for a while with my truck. I finally decided to add some d-rings down low on the rear stake pockets, directly behind the tail lights so I could easily access the hardware. They're very useful, I haul alot of stuff that needs to be tied down down low, so the stake pockets aren't always an option. You can kind of see them here. The front stake pockets have a hole in the bottom of them that's just the right size for a hook, so I didn't add D-rings to them.

Here's the holes for the D-rings. I haven't reinstalled them since I had the bedliner done. Might do that today actually...

I also put some smaller tie downs on the sides of my toolbox. I made sure to put a double plate on the inside so it sandwhiches the box and won't pull out. Super heavy stuff I always put at the back on the tailgate but I've cranked down on these pretty good without any issues. The toolbox is bolted down using the bed bolts too, so it's not going anywhere

Thanks, looks good. Did you have to drill holes in the bed? I don't think my bed has any holes in it anywhere. I guess I can drill some holes as long as I have access to the back side to install and tighten a nut.......That's why I was thinking to use the stake pockets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad