New bedside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark kestler

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Has anyone ran into this. I purchased a passenger side bedside for my 84. Arrived perfect. Bolt holes lined up. When fitting the tailgate, the passenger side of tailgate stuck out. The problem was from the stake pocket support that bolts to the flooor to the outer edge of the panel is a1/4 inch shorter than factory. The bed is square.

Mark kestler

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Mark kestler

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just a picture of where I added 1/4 inch to make the tailgate fit and make even with factory measurements

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice work!

I had an issue with a replacement one on our C10 where it was shorter only near the tailgate trunnion and the centerline of the trunnion mount was off compounding the issue and making it difficult to install the tailgate. I didn't fix it myself but I believe the bodyshop cut half the lip back and shimmed the trunnion. Unfortunately, now that the truck is assembled, we notice the tailgate opens fine but when it closes, it's high and needs to be popped down to line back up.

Mark kestler

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So this side, the bolts for the Trunion is a 1/4 low as well. I had to open up the holes for the bracket to move up enough for the tailgate to line up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag