Tie rod ends (quality question) for C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking at my tie rod end boots, they’re cracked. Going to have new ones put on during the alignment- getting close to finishing up the lowering.

I see that I can spend five or fifty bucks on tie rod ends, the cost seems to vary wildly. More than anything, I worry about safety. Any experience with different brands? I don’t feel it necessary to spend more than I have to to have a certain brand, just want to make sure it’s not made so poorly as to cause a danger to myself and others. Thanks in advance.

89GMCJimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

Amazon has these for C10 MOOG Steering & Suspension ES409RT Tie Rod End, Black $18 MOOG ES409LT Tie Rod End $19

I bought drag links and tie rods for my K5 from Moog and they were still made in USA

AC DELCO Gold or professional are trash

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Just an FYI, I was replacing wheel cylinders (AC Delco) on the rear of a 70s C10 quite a while back. It was the first time I had to replace wheel cylinders in 20 some odd years. I pulled out my 5/16 bleeder wrench and went to open the line. The wrench wouldn't fit. It was a 10mm. Hmmm, now I knew darn well that when I was replacing calipers and wheel cylinders 20 years ago, those lines were 3/8. How could the fitting for a 74 squarebody be metric on a product made by AC Delco?
Cuz AC Delco ain't making all their own parts anymore.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Yes moog is the best there imo. Amazon or rock auto usually have the best prices if you're not in a hurry.

If you are order online for store pickup at advance an they usually always have 15-20% codes in a banner at the top of the site.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Agree on the Moog parts, Used them exclusively when I still had my shop.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes moog is the best there imo. Amazon or rock auto usually have the best prices if you're not in a hurry.

If you are order online for store pickup at advance an they usually always have 15-20% codes in a banner at the top of the site.
Yeah, with the threaded connector, and a 5% discount I “found”, it was actually cheaper to order from Rock Auto. They’re on their way. :cool:

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I buy Rock Auto parts and they are at my door in about 2 days. Good prices, lots of selections and good bargains on the discontinued/overstock page.
I order from O'Reillys and if it isn't in stock, it is ready for pickup in 24 hours.
O Reillys, Advance, Autozone, etc all usually have a promo on their website for a percentage off or free shipping over a certain amount.
LMC, Coverlay, Brothers, etc I use for reproduction stuff. While I like them for the most part, you do not get what you are paying for.
Detroit Axle is a company that I purchase OEM style suspension parts from.

In the 1980s and 1990s we used to complain around the shop about crap parts, lol. That stuff compared to today's offerings would be like gold.
If you are 40 years old or younger, you have no idea...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave