Squarebody Down! HELP - Member Roadside Assistance Volunteer Map

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I will keep you all posted and take pics of the carnage when I open it up.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
heyhey, I have AAA and so if I break down, hopefully the port in the storm`ll be within a hunnert miles. LOL

AAA don't make repairs. If you're within 100 miles of another member that can help with repairs or loan tools, could be the difference of waiting a couple days waiting for a shop to get to your ****, or even be a night or weekend and no shop open. So if you made contact with a member, maybe you can get TOAD to their house or place of bidness and you get up and running with the help of borrowing some tools or another hand and head to get fixed and back on the road ASAP.

Not many members around me but Ill throw mine in. 24141 and 23168 in the summer.

Not a matter of how members are around you, someone might be traveling through your area if and when they break down.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Need a Ride from OKC to Los Angeles.

Anyone going on a trip West to So Cali, and coming through OKC, I need a ride to So Cali. I won't have much with me. Prolly a travel bag and a small car battery. (It's brand new, and clean with OEM post caps and all)

I have a 2nd Cuz out there with an mpg ricer car that has been sitting for over 4 years that I can bring back to life with a swap of all the fluids & filters, a battery, new tires, and wipers and drive it back to OK and then have cheaper vehicle I'll be able to afford to drive.

With the parking tickets, out of date tags and penalties it's almost $600 to get registered in Cali, so I've already started Title 42 paperwork in OK with a storage lien to get a clean OK title. They tried to scrap the car and don't have a title. The cuz who is the actual owner of the car, is in a nursing home and my 1st cuz needs it out of his yard ASAP. I think I can get a 30 day Cali Temp Tag to get it out of Cali and to OKC, then it'll be parked until I get my Title 42 paperwork back from OK Tax Commision in 6-8 weeks.

No big hurry, just thought I'd post up here. Anytime between now and the next 8 weeks or so is fine.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, I don't even have a problem riding in the back of a pick up. I can also help drive if you want to snooze, I'll stay awake I promise. :rofl: I don't have alot of cash, and what I will have, will need to be to buy parts for that car to get it home. So as you're coming through and have room to carry some parts you that you need and I have, we'll make a trade. A ride for some parts If I can cut loose of it. :waytogo:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
If you have time HR, swing by the truck stops and holler on the CB for a driver going to Cali and offer to help drive for a ride out there. Dont know if your willing to do that...just throwing that idea at you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If you have time HR, swing by the truck stops and holler on the CB for a driver going to Cali and offer to help drive for a ride out there. Dont know if your willing to do that...just throwing that idea at you.

:rofl: Well, I didn't want to have to admit I'd be a bum. If it comes to that, I've already bought batteries for my hand held 40 channel and planned on hanging out at Petro at I40 and Exit 127 (Eastern Ave /Martin Luther King Blvd) that is straight up Eastern Ave. about 7 miles from my house. If that don't work, then I40 and Exit 140 (Morgan Rd) where there is a TA and I think it's a Pilot. I forget the other one now, but there are 2 big truck stops at I40 Exit 140.

Won't be the first time I've done it. My Step Sis from Reno, NV came to visit once. I rode with her to AZ and had planned on taking a bus the rest of the way. She dropped me off at the bus depot and went on her way to Reno. I waited an hour for the bus. When it got there, I was told it was full I'd have to wait til 2pm the next day to get the next bus. F That. I walked about 1/2 mile to truck stop row at Beale and I40 in Kingman. Got a ride with a truck driving team. I just wanted dropped off at the side of I10 at my dad's exit, then I'd call my dad to come the 5 miles and pick me up. I didn't let him know I hitched a ride cuz I didn't want him trippin'. One of the drivers lived within 6 miles of my dad's and my dad's house was on the way to drop him off, then the other driver was keeping the tractor after he dropped the trailer at their yard. My dad **** when a 53 trailer and tractor pulled up in front of his house in a residential area and I got out. I still made it to my dads, 2 hours before the bus would have had me at the local bus depot. I remember I was 21 then, cuz I had bought 3 bottles of Everclear for my buds in So Cali. I spent $20 on their lunch and gave them a bottle of that Everclear. Cheap ride !!! It was going to be like $69 bus fare and after the bus was going to be so late and next one was like 18 hours away, I would have had to rented a room too.

I went on a run with my bro once too. He re-powered a hot load going back East when we were on our way home. I had to get home. I ended up riding with another driver from West Memphis, the Lot Lizard capital to OKC Petro and had my wife pick me up.

So yeah, I may have to be a bum and do that. Just that I have a brand new car battery I have to take with since it'll save me $120 in getting the car running. We'll see what happens, but yeah I guess I'm a bum, I'll do it and already planned on it as last resort. Fuggin bus is $214 and that's the Non Refund low class internet purchase rate. :flipthebird:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It sux not having family member trucking teams now. When my daughter was about 8, She rode with my mom and step dad to So Cali and my Aunt met my mom and step dad at the local truck stop and got my daughter to stay with my Aunts and Grandma. 3 weeks later when my bro and his wife was in So Cali with a cross country run they were dropping in the OKC yard and taking their 3 days off, and that load repowered by another team, so they brought my daughter home with them. My daughter thought she was the ****. Rode to Cali with Gma and Gpa in a big truck, then go to ride home with Uncle and Aunt in a big truck. You never like putting a kid on plane as an unaccompanied minor, or at leas I didn't, so I let my daughter travel in the summer via family truck drivers and I never worried about her. I knew who she was with, I knew that time of year, roads not iced and snow, so I felt pretty safe with it. She actually traveled that way I think 3 maybe 4 times until my Step Dad had his heart attack and driving was over for him and my mom. My bro and his wife ended up divorced and that killed that.

I also rode to LA with my mom and step dad once when I picked up one of my trucks from dads. It was mine I left it with him, then he decided he didn't want it anymore. So I drove it back to OKC.

That was the time my step dad had the governed truck doing over 90 or so and the QualComm was going off like crazy from his boss watching the trucks on GPS and alarms going off. Funny ****. I told that story not long ago.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hay you checked Megabus too?

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
http://us.megabus.com/

Aw fawk, they don't have any stops in OKC. Usually they're pretty cheap and have wifi on the bus.

tsailer2

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
, my destination is slab city, CA from here in Atoka.. but its going to be another week or so minimum =/

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You'd actually be coming thru, Ada, to Norman, Moore, OKC or possibly Shawnee to I 40 thru OKC depending on which way you came. And going to Slab City, as in Los Angeles?

tsailer2

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I dunno where I would be going through just yet But I mean since I would be heading to the west coast and Oklahoma really aint that big of state, even if it is out of the way a couple hours I don't mind. But Like I said I got to get the truck back together first LOL and Yeah I have always wanted to see it that place. I have been to San Diego san Francisco Anaheim and a few other places over there Now I wanna go see the Infamous last free city in the US...

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
is their a way we could ad contact info and keep it semi private.
only members of this site have access to it

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
is their a way we could ad contact info and keep it semi private.
only members of this site have access to it

Sorta Kinda but not really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesardelacadena