Spring Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorhator98

Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
When I lifted my truck there were rubber pads ontop of the back springs that matched the contour of the top plate with a hole for the center bolt. They were completely rotted out. Is there anywhere to get these from? If not what do people usually do? New top plates to center up on the center bolt?

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
When I lifted my truck there were rubber pads ontop of the back springs that matched the contour of the top plate with a hole for the center bolt. They were completely rotted out. Is there anywhere to get these from? If not what do people usually do? New top plates to center up on the center bolt?

I was hoping someone else (i.e. someone who knows more about this subject than I do) - would help you. But that doesn't seem to be happening, and my lack of expertise has never stopped me from offering advice before, so anyway, here it goes:

I think it's just a lack of communication - regarding part nomenclature. Your truck (as described above) shouldn't be equipped with auxiliary springs - which use the center bolt. You have a 1/2 ton 4WD, standard cab pickup - correct? That would generate a model code of K 1 09 03. Don't be too concerned with the 09 - that just designates the wheelbase length. An 83 Fleetside - with an 8 foot box - would have a wheelbase length of 131.5", which got the 09 designation. I have no idea why.

Have a look at the parts dwgs below and you can see what I mean. Only the C/K 3 (1 ton) models utilized that style of spring. Your 1/2 ton should resemble the suspension layout shown in the upper dwg.

If you can identify the part you are looking for using the dwgs, I will try to pull the P/N for you:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Gatorhator98

Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well it doesn't show it in there. It goes under number 9 and takes up the space under the hump it. Since the schematic doesn't show it fair enough I'll slap it together without it.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Since the drawings don't seem to work for you, a pic of what you're talking about would help.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I bought some spring pads from off-road designs before. Check to see if they have one's you are looking for

Gatorhator98

Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I lifted it with blocks a couple years ago. I don't have the rubber anymore. I put it back together without them. I'm putting actual lift springs in it so I was just trying to line up all the parts. It doesn't look like they're in the schematic so they must not be needed. Does everyone else just center that top plate over the center bolt? That's what I did the first time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06