Somebody tried to steal my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Some ******* mexican ******** tried to steal my truck today in my parking lot at work, in broad daylight. In the process of attempting to enter the truck they shattered my passenger side wing window.. I am HEATED.

You must be registered for see images attach

A girl I work with was in the parking lot and noticed two mexican dudes trying to open my door then one of them pulled out a screw driver and tried to pry open my wing window.. she started walking over to them and they hi-tailed it in a white suburban. Chevy wants $400.00 for the damn thing because they don't sell just the glass.. anybody have a wing they don't need that they would like to sell me??

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I would give you one if I had one. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
There is several at my parents place.... it might be a couple weeks before I am there though. Is there any wrecking yards near?

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There is several at my parents place.... it might be a couple weeks before I am there though. Is there any wrecking yards near?

Thats probably what I will end up doing... :( I just feel so violated! Right after the incident I drove my truck home, put it in the Shop For Men, locked the doors and turned off my kill switches!! Im paranoid now damnit!!!!!:flipthebird:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I could only imagine, I would be ready to bash some heads dude. I hate thieves, I really wish you would have caught them in the act and got a solid punch in.

At the same time low lives here in Reno are shooting and stabbing as well as thieving, not worth getting killed over.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I could only imagine, I would be ready to bash some heads dude. I hate thieves, I really wish you would have caught them in the act and got a solid punch in.

At the same time low lives here in Reno are shooting and stabbing as well as thieving, not worth getting killed over.

I got paged to get to the front immediately and when I found out I sprinted out to the parking lot with my knife in hand about to kill somebody haha only to find out they had just gotten away...

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Your friend got a good look at the guys right?

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Damn. my 85 has an alarm on it and a kill switch too from a previous owner. Mexicans LOVE these trucks. Everytime I pass a crewcab lawn service truck they are about 10 deep in there and STARE at the 85. Worries me. Hate to leave it in a parking lot anywhere unattended. Luckily in my small cubby hole neighborhood we get no traffic, its too far off the main drag

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
That's what worries me about having a square. You can't have ANYTHING nice anymore without someone ******* it up somehow.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
They are easy to steal, cheap to fix and easy to work on. When I was living in southern Nm someone was explaining how easily you can drive a stolen car around in Mexico, all they have to do is get to the border.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Dude that sucks!!! :mad:

I think I might have a couple at home :think: I'll look tonight and if I do you have them for the price of shipping which should be cheap. I'll keep ya posted man.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
AZZHOLES! They would break the ******' most expensive window on the damn truck too! :shooter:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
That blows.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I already know the nicer mine get, the more I'd have to worry about it getting stolen. I'll have a # of kill switches and a fuel line shut off valve so even if they do it, once the carb is out of fuel, they aren't getting far. And I find the sumbishes in my trucks 2 blocks away broke down, then I know I got the right fuggers and ........ NUFF SAID. Somethings just better left unsaid.

Crud, I know I have a left side, but not certain about a passenger side. If I find a pass side, I'll let you know. I'd also check with a glass shop if all that is wrong is broken glass. A glass shop knows how to extract the glass from the same frame, and glue in a new piece of glass without it leaking. Worth a try. Seems you can get new glass put in for about $60 or so. Sorry to hear it man, just fuggin sucks !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus