Somebody tried to steal my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
i have wing window tools in a lock out kit, can get a wing open in nothing flat, years ago some jack ass took a screwdriver to the door lock on my olds 442, stole a 50 dollar radio and did a few hundred in damage to the door

Thats what you get for locking your doors :roflbow:.

Almost seems cheaper to just leave your **** unlocked.

I have a buddy that is homeless and lives in his little mitsubishi truck, he left it in downtown Reno and some dude pried the top of the door out on the passenger side to get in. The guy stole a pack of ciggerettes and trashed my buddies truck. Really ******.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
This is why I did the AUX input for the stock radio in my Blazer. Nobody is going to steal my factory radio. My buddy had his windows broken out just to steal a $30 CD player...Stupid people.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I think alot of fun could be had at criminals expense if we get creative.

Some guy was stealing my towing hitches a couple years ago. I ended up losing 2 and was super pissed so I came up with a contraption.

My plan was to make a spring loaded contraption that punctured a can of bear mace as soon as my tow hitch came out so far. That would render the thief helpless to getting his ass kicked by a pissed off me.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Unfortunately laws are designed to protect the criminals and screw the victims...

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Chris PM me you address I have some on old doors. Look like it was Passengers side. Do you want just the glass or the whole frame?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Chris window is coming at you. :wave:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
Illegals are every where..criminals-the government want pick them up-they work on there friends farms and business..for little to nothing..they haul drugs.in and around the country..they drive on fake mexican drivers licenses.buy insurance.with no driving record.if they crash in to you.they tell the cops.they have no license or insurance and most times they just walk.you have to file a claim.on your uninsured motorist.that is not right.i know.of cops.picking them up drunk.in town.when they get out of control.and sell them back to the farmers.so much a head..if they get your truck.you will never see it again..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Illegals are every where..criminals-the government want pick them up-they work on there friends farms and business..for little to nothing..they haul drugs.in and around the country..they drive on fake mexican drivers licenses.buy insurance.with no driving record.if they crash in to you.they tell the cops.they have no license or insurance and most times they just walk.you have to file a claim.on your uninsured motorist.that is not right.i know.of cops.picking them up drunk.in town.when they get out of control.and sell them back to the farmers.so much a head..if they get your truck.you will never see it again..

YEP !!! And they loves these squares. I've told the story on here before. The guy I bought one of my wrecked 85C20's from, bougt an imaculant 86 long bed half ton, 100% restored down to the frame. Unreal truck. I got to touch it and sit in it. It was even so clean underneath I'd have licked it. When I say clean, I mean spotless. 454/Th400 3.73 gears Silverado. He bought it for $6000. Financed it, full coverage insurance, gap insurance and all. 3 days later, got stolen out of the parking garage at the hospital he worked at. Had the Taco on camera walking to the truck with a little fanny pack type purse. Took him less than a minute to get in the truck, and in less than 3 more minutes was driving it away. Its never been seen since and I'm sure it ended up South of the border. Sad part was, he fought and fought and fought, and showed pic after pic to the insurance co. They paid him more than they wanted cuz he fought so hard, at $4200. Gap only covers up to 20% of value, so gap paid another 20% of that, but he was still short of payoff by about $1500 with the cost of the gap insurance,paperwork fees etc etc. This doesn't include the $1100 stereo system and navigation system he insalledin the truck the day it got jacked. All together he was about $3000 and he had insurance out the ass which did him not much good. Just sad. These Squares don't have alot of value to insurance companies unless you get a full blown appraisal that would cost you $500 to get , and turn into the insruance co for what you want it insured for. All just to make a beautiful truck for an illegal taco. :shitsweak::shitsweak::shitsweak:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
My dads truck was a really nice truck back in the 90's when we lived in Phoenix and only lacked paint, he would not paint it because he did not want it getting stolen. Right after we sold the house the guy bought our house had a really nice k-10, it was stolen out of the driveway within months.

My dads buddy build a really sweet 67-72 chevy truck and it got stolen when his wife was inside a gym. these trucks are a hot item.

I hope mine is still sitting in my driveway when I get home :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06