Some of my daily, 2500HD 8.1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So, it's been awhile lol. I still drive Clifford. Had a bit of a set back.

You must be registered for see images attach

I beat the hell out of it until I could put another taillight in it and drive it at least. Cut the bumper off as well.

Did some looking around, found some decent beds in Tennessee, Oklahoma, North Carolina, etc. One place didn't have a loader, one couldn't be bothered to take pics, one told me it was sold and they'd call back and let me know if the guy picked it up.

Of course here in Michigan people want 1,000 for one that just needs a patch or some nonsense.

Then, it would just rust again, and be made of sheetmetal and easily bend again...

So...

While everyone is watching sportsball tomorrow, I'll be swapping beds.
Not I, screw the Flag kneeling NFL. I 'm splitting wood and working on Wife's Jeep.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Not I, screw the Flag kneeling NFL. I 'm splitting wood and working on Wife's Jeep.

I don't do sports regardless my brother in law invited us to his party and I had no idea what was going on lol. :33:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Tracking.... I've thought about throwing one of those military trailer beds on the back of my truck once the rust finally wins.

Something like this:

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Tracking.... I've thought about throwing one of those military trailer beds on the back of my truck once the rust finally wins.

Something like this:

Yes! GI Gyp that project was called, I always liked it, I think they dropped it fairly quickly..

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
It actually looks pretty cool. If you redid the bottom of the truck in the tan camo it would look pretty good as is I think.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
It actually looks pretty cool. If you redid the bottom of the truck in the tan camo it would look pretty good as is I think.

Once it warms up enough for paint to dry I'll figure something out on the color mismatch. That part hardly bothers me, any bed I would have gotten would most likely have been a mismatch as well.

I'm just really happy with how well it lined up overall, saved me a lot of time over building one.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Looks awesome! I agree maybe a tan accent on the truck rocker will tie it all together...or red bedliner on the new bed.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Looks awesome! I agree maybe a tan accent on the truck rocker will tie it all together...or red bedliner on the new bed.

I'm probably going to do it red, or red and black. I need to talk with the guy's at Linerextreem and see if they can match Victory Red.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I got the front and rear bolted up, the middle I'll have to fab mounts for. I need to come up with something for the fuel filler also.

Then I'll get started on the rear bumper.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
have any ideas for the fuel filler since you mentioned you'll need to give that some attention?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
have any ideas for the fuel filler since you mentioned you'll need to give that some attention?

The factory hose does a bit of a dipsie-doodle, but I found a straight 90 online with beads on each end. Hopefuly I can cut the factory hose where it's still straight, put the 90 on, and then maybe use a Jeep or boat filler on a flat panel there by the front marker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84