snap on help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT830

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
here are my boxes and as stated above contact customer support on the website and they will ship what you need free of charge

Attachments

• tool box.jpg
    tool box.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 52

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Copy that. They are on my list of people to call on Monday. I am however cultivating multiple leads.
Eric
Love the yellow one! Saw that car on mecum a while back.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Thank You Doug!
Here is a picture of the box as promised.
Part number is 8-167 friction style drawer slides, if they are available I will count them up and by a complete set for the whole box. The bottom drawers have 2 per side.
Before you eagle eyes start anything, yes I am one of Jerrys kids. Saw over 100 shows. That wheel cover was on the back of my Isuzu Amigo. lol
Eric
She asked if you have the model number for the box? Said it is on the back of the box. Said she will help.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
here are my boxes and as stated above contact customer support on the website and they will ship what you need free of charge
Mike, that tool box you have on the right the red double stacked snap on box, I had a box just like that at one time. I bought it used when I was getting into the business, the top part was in great shape but the bottom part was VERY rusty IDK what it had been though before I got it. Eventually replace the lower part with a larger used Cornwell unit that was also well worn, and put the snap on upper on it. The Cornwell had a terrible draw layout and I just couldn't fit anything in it. Eventually I spotted a craftsman upper and lower box on a tool truck the guy had taken as a trade. I got it for a song since it wasn't one of the truck brands. He gave me a small amount for the Cornwell lower and I took may Snap-on upper to the farm where it still resides on the work bench. I'm still running that Craftsman box at work. It's now way beyond any kind of normal "worn out", but I don't want to reinvest in the business. I kind of went down a rabbit hole there and my point was suppose to be that the red box took me back to another, better time in auto repair.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Mike, that tool box you have on the right the red double stacked snap on box, I had a box just like that at one time. I bought it used when I was getting into the business, the top part was in great shape but the bottom part was VERY rusty IDK what it had been though before I got it. Eventually replace the lower part with a larger used Cornwell unit that was also well worn, and put the snap on upper on it. The Cornwell had a terrible draw layout and I just couldn't fit anything in it. Eventually I spotted a craftsman upper and lower box on a tool truck the guy had taken as a trade. I got it for a song since it wasn't one of the truck brands. He gave me a small amount for the Cornwell lower and I took may Snap-on upper to the farm where it still resides on the work bench. I'm still running that Craftsman box at work. It's now way beyond any kind of normal "worn out", but I don't want to reinvest in the business. I kind of went down a rabbit hole there and my point was suppose to be that the red box took me back to another, better time in auto repair.

I've got that same bottom box, got it cheap from the Mac dealer when he took it in on trade. I never have come across the top chest yet.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I've got that same bottom box, got it cheap from the Mac dealer when he took it in on trade. I never have come across the top chest yet.
IF memory serves me I think I bought the Snap-on box I use to have at a pawn shop. The Cornwell bottom I had I think was a trade in, off a tool truck. I know the craftsman was. I've joked that my craftsman is in such bad shape that when I leave the shop I'll just pack my tools in cardboard boxes and abandon the craftsman there lol. I wouldn't really do that.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
KR 555 stamped 81
Eric

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Must have been a popular model. I have the same red bottom box. Guy owed me $100 and didn’t have the cash. Got that box in the early 90s and thought it was pretty old then. Very sturdy.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Must have been a popular model. I have the same red bottom box. Guy owed me $100 and didn’t have the cash. Got that box in the early 90s and thought it was pretty old then. Very sturdy.
Ya, I was going to say in the 90's those boxes were a dime a dozen it seemed I saw them for sale for cheap all the time IDK what I paid for mine, it's been to long but it came loaded with tool, some stuff was for the assembly of metal buildings.

GMT830

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
If every old toolbox or chest could tell a story.

GMT830

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
Copy that. They are on my list of people to call on Monday. I am however cultivating multiple leads.
Eric
Love the yellow one! Saw that car on mecum a while back.
1970 Twister Torino and Mustangs very limited editions built for the St. Louis Dealer meeting.

mshawn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Micah
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10,jimmy,k10
Engine Size
Me and my snapon dealer have been friends since 1983 let me know what you want and the model and serial of your box ….. I’ll get the part numbers you need and you can call or go online and order them straight from snapon! Let me know if I can help

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Must have been. I bought mine when I worked at the shop. A coworker had the same box too, except he had the top chest. He bought his new, in the early 90's I think.

Fullboardmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I haven't ordered any 8-167 in awhile. Took months to get ball bearing slides in last year. You have to understand that we can't continue to produce slides for a 30 plus year old toolbox forever. But if you call customer care they will take care of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20