snap on help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So about 1 year ago I bought a snap on bottom box for 50 bucks. The old style friction drawer slides are smoked. called the local snap on guy and he was all about ordering them yada yada. Then he ghosted me. No return calls or texts. At first I blamed it on the supply chain bull$hit, but as time went on I am now pissed.
Does anyone have contact with a good snap on rep weekly that you could ask about said drawer slides? I want to keep this box and use it. I would prefer the original replacement slides, but if they are D Q ed by snap on I will take the box to a local cabinet shop and have slides installed like some of the videos on the net.
Hope some one can help.
Thanx in advance
Eric

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
If you know what you’re looking for eBay has a lot of new pieces / parts.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
If you know what you’re looking for eBay has a lot of new pieces / parts.
He maybe trying to get them under warrenty.

@waterpirate Good luck finding a snap on dealer, at least around here those days are gone. I remember good tool dealers.... Now the stuff is so expensive and they see not to want to take care of us anymore. Hopefully someone will come along that has a good dealer still.

richard A lindner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard lindner
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If I remember there is a snapon dealer on this forum

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
The main problem is that they have zones they have to abide by so they aren't walking on other tool truck guys toes. There might not be "rules" per se, but this is how it works.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
We have a truck stop by every week, when we are working at home. Who knows how long till we are back at home though.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Not sure if you are aware, but Snap On has a website. I remember back in the day you could get those parts. I'd contact them..

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
#$%*@$
I keep forgetting the rules!
Will take a couple pics this weekend. It is a well used box with some great patina. I am not looking for warranty, am looking to pay cash. That is what pissed me off about the chump who ghosted me.
Eric

Daron58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
So about 1 year ago I bought a snap on bottom box for 50 bucks. The old style friction drawer slides are smoked. called the local snap on guy and he was all about ordering them yada yada. Then he ghosted me. No return calls or texts. At first I blamed it on the supply chain bull$hit, but as time went on I am now pissed.
Does anyone have contact with a good snap on rep weekly that you could ask about said drawer slides? I want to keep this box and use it. I would prefer the original replacement slides, but if they are D Q ed by snap on I will take the box to a local cabinet shop and have slides installed like some of the videos on the net.
Hope some one can help.
Thanx in advance
Eric
I always just call the main snap-on customer service I just called them about some old ratchets and they sent me the rebuild kits for them I got them in less than a week no charge just google snap-on customer service they have an 800 number I believe they are in Wisconsin good luck Daron58

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I would bet that they would gladly sell you a new box. Nobody repairs anything anymore. Dispose and replace is the new way. Not much profit versus the effort to get you the slides. You will probably have to do it yourself, and find something close online and adapt them to your drawers.
For the record, I have an old Snap on top box and I do like it too. I can see why you want to fix it up.

StickyLifter

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Screw You Homophobes
Truck Year
N/A
Truck Model
N/A
Engine Size
N/A
I usually email [email protected] and explain that I don't work in a shop and need to warranty a tool. They have been great!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I got a good friend that's a snap-on salesperson. I can ask her about it if you can get me a part number or something. Fck the rules. Lol, I'm sure she would mail them to you. Let me know and I'll see if I can help you.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Thank You Doug!
Here is a picture of the box as promised.
Part number is 8-167 friction style drawer slides, if they are available I will count them up and by a complete set for the whole box. The bottom drawers have 2 per side.
Before you eagle eyes start anything, yes I am one of Jerrys kids. Saw over 100 shows. That wheel cover was on the back of my Isuzu Amigo. lol
Eric

Attachments

• DSCN0775.JPG
    DSCN0775.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0776.JPG
    DSCN0776.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members