Simple Question Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donmateo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 TBI
Anyone know the parking light bulb #s for a 90 burb? One of my fronts went out.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
So where is it indicated if someone tags you in a thread? Example: if someone types @Georgeb should I get a message or email? Do I have to set this up somehow?

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
So where is it indicated if someone tags you in a thread? Example: if someone types @Georgeb should I get a message or email? Do I have to set this up somehow?

Over on the upper right of the screen under your name it should tell you when you get quoted, tagged or whatever. I USED to get email notifications about all that stuff and have it setup to email me but I haven't been getting emails from this site in probably a year so I think that feature must be broken :shrug:

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I've been getting emails when quoted. Maybe the administrator doesn't like you Old77......:shrug:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I also get email when quoted, might check settings that option might have been deselected??..

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I've been getting emails when quoted. Maybe the administrator doesn't like you Old77......:shrug:

I'm definitely sure that's it! @Shaggy is a ******** :insane:

Rondeyl

Reaction score
First Name
Rondey
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have a 84 c10 that sat up for 4 years. I changed plugs, wires, belts, fuel pump ando changed oil. I'm getting clouds of white smoke from left tailpipe. Any suggestions what this may be and resolutions

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I have a 84 c10 that sat up for 4 years. I changed plugs, wires, belts, fuel pump ando changed oil. I'm getting clouds of white smoke from left tailpipe. Any suggestions what this may be and resolutions

Blown head gasket is most likely.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Just curious, does the cruise control servo attached to the TBI control idle speeds for A/C and warm-up? Reason I ask is the instructions that came with the TBI rebuild kit shows an optional idle-up solenoid. Since mine doesn't have one, I figured it was used on vehicles w/o cruise-control.

Thanks!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Just curious, does the cruise control servo attached to the TBI control idle speeds for A/C and warm-up? Reason I ask is the instructions that came with the TBI rebuild kit shows an optional idle-up solenoid. Since mine doesn't have one, I figured it was used on vehicles w/o cruise-control.

Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, the servo only controls cruise control because TBI's have provisions to regulate idle speed (IAC). The idle-up solenoid is found on carbureted motors that do not have idle control provisions to kick up the idle when the A/C comes on and to supposedly help with dieseling in some cases, but I've never heard of a TBI with one of those dashpots. My TBI doesn't have one, but my E4ME Quadrajet does.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
To the best of my knowledge, the servo only controls cruise control because TBI's have provisions to regulate idle speed (IAC). The idle-up solenoid is found on carbureted motors that do not have idle control provisions to kick up the idle when the A/C comes on and to supposedly help with dieseling in some cases, but I've never heard of a TBI with one of those dashpots. My TBI doesn't have one, but my E4ME Quadrajet does.

Ok, thanks!

Got another q, which manual transmission would be a direct replacement for the 700R4 and will it be a 3 speed or 4 speed? I know, why switch, right? I like manuals, a lot. It's something for me to think about if/when my 700R4 decides to fail.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Like the manual equivalent to a 700R4? For your application (or for any), I'd highly consider an NV4500 five speed, but it requires synthetic gear oil, and they can be a mite pricey sometimes. Second place an NP833 four speed, but some parts are not easy to find on these. I'd say SM465 if it was a V10 instead of an R10 because they're tough as hell and the L gear is legendary for crawling off-road, but the aforementioned ones would make nice highway gearboxes, I think.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris