Side post?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Curt,

What's with the two batteries? I know people use two batteries for all the accessories they have on board, and with a 150 amp alt. . No offense, but you rig doesn't look like the newest, latest truck on the road. I like those batteries, their name slips my mind right now. I don't have the power needs whatsoever to warrent a battery like those, let alone two. I just got a new alt. and I was upset that it was a 65amp., my old one was a 55amp..

I have a MSD 6A multible spark box and it says do not run alt. of 100 amps or more or it will kill the box.

I have installed dozens of MSD ignition boxes over the years, I don’t recall seeing anything mentioned in the instructions about charging systems other than the diode.

I do recall reading that most MSD ignition systems take at least 1 amp of current per 1000 rpm. The racing 7AL or 8AL boxes take considerable more than the street boxes. But either way, charging system current rating should have zero influence on how the box operates, assuming the voltage is within limit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey