Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
2016 Mustang GT. Photos taken the day I picked it up--my birthday!

You must be registered for see images attach

Pretty nice looking car. I think that's probably the only Ford I'd buy. Nice color choice.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Most crossovers are a jack of all trades, but masters of none. The people who prefer actual sedans, actual station wagons and actual truck wagons (aka SUV's) are getting screwed these days. Many people buy crossovers not because it's the best thing that suites their needs, but because it's a trendy 'me too' vehicle.
We like them because the good ones (like Mazda, Audi, BMW) ride and handle as well as sedans, and they all have more versatility and better visibility. They can also haul all kinds of stuff from Home Depot. And that stuff is locked away from theft and rain! Can't say that about a sedan or pickup.

And you know what? I just don't understand why you have to bad-mouth people who choose to drive an SUV. Are you also into telling folks what to wear?

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I had very similar '01 with an 8.1. Still miss it. In fact, this weekend I'm picking up a friend's '01 Suburban 2500 with an 8.1 as my new daily. He's had it for the past 11 years.

I actually prefer that more traditional front end styling to the "cat eye" Chevrolet update that started in '03. But - it is what it is.

I've contemplated adding the roof top running lights, too, for a bit more trucky ambience.

K

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Then the cargo.. most, not all, crossovers really actually suck in the cargo realm. because they are typically shhorter, there is only so much cargo space to be had on a well insulated cube thats short, AND seat 5+. There are exceptions on this specific, but its not like it even compares to the navigator or expedition for example. Suburban, etc.

Definitely not all, I got a fullsized washer AND dryer in the back of my Aztek and still closed the hatch.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
We like them because the good ones (like Mazda, Audi, BMW) ride and handle as well as sedans, and they all have more versatility and better visibility. They can also haul all kinds of stuff from Home Depot. And that stuff is locked away from theft and rain! Can't say that about a sedan or pickup.

And you know what? I just don't understand why you have to bad-mouth people who choose to drive an SUV. Are you also into telling folks what to wear?

I think you missed my point. And I like SUV's. My gripe is towards the manufacturers who are force feeding everyone 'crossover utility vehicles' and all the people that buy them because they are too stupid to think for themselves. They are great for a lot of people, sure. But there's a lot of people that would be better suited with an actual sedan or an actual station wagon, but they buy the 'crossover' because that's what their neighbors buy and they want to be just like them.

Also, the interior space of a modern SUV is nothing compared to an older one.

So in short, I'm only bad mouthing the manufacturers and a few of the sheep that are apparently in their focus groups.

Slybeanx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
v6
DDDamn. I love it. I had an e30 vert that was a "sema build". bought not built. It was 100% period correct with borbets, m bumpers and skirts, etc. But it was a stock auto trans turd. I still miss it though

Thanks! Mine is very far from stock as I prefer to mod all my rides. The builtM30b35 is hopefully going in hopefully soon. I just love the styling of E30s.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Anotha won of @78C10BigTen truck

@Old77 heres how my s10 is right now except i put 31" bfg mud terrains on the back. Everybody tells me they like the wheels but i personally dont but they were free so :shrug:. Spring time im thinking of goin to aluminum slots or black wagons. Unsure.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
@Old77 heres how my s10 is right now except i put 31" bfg mud terrains on the back. Everybody tells me they like the wheels but i personally dont but they were free so :shrug:. Spring time im thinking of goin to aluminum slots or black wagons. Unsure.
I’m with you. They look ok but aren’t awesome. But for free you can’t go wrong lol

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I just had the transmission in my Burb rebuilt!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It was $1500 for everything, though I could have saved $600 if I installed it myself, but I didn't have the time. Anyways, it shifts like brand new now and actually has reverse again.

John Nes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1987, 1979, 1973
Truck Model
R10, Sierra, C20
Engine Size
5.7 350tbi , 5.7 350, 5.7 350
2016 Mustang GT. Photos taken the day I picked it up--my birthday!

Super random, but ...Is that in the magnetic metallic (J7 paint code) color?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size

I’ve always thought the Bullitt mustangs were the best looking mustangs with the options and paint color. I’m hoping to have one in my garage at some point in my life. Yours looks amazing!

Curt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-30
Engine Size
2012 Ram 2500.