Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
that is the first look for GMT 800 right? Like someone could take the bed and put it on an 07 if they wanted and maybe body lines wouldnt match but it would work?

I only ask, because im a strong proponent of amber rear turn signals, and these beds go for cheap around me and I will need one to replace one of my junk trailers, and I like to have a full working light set on trailers, this would be an easy way to incorporate it if it comes with tails

and dont have to mess making brakcets

Amber turn signals were used in all GMT800 Sierras and i believe 99-02 Silverados. They should be the same shape, I cant imagine GM using different beds for those trucks. So any year bed from 99-07 classic should accept the lights with amber turns.

Is the 07 an NBS or GMT800? I think it will mount up regardless, or at least be close enough to make work. I've seen GMT800 trucks with NBS beds.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Amber turn signals were used in all GMT800 Sierras and i believe 99-02 Silverados. They should be the same shape, I cant imagine GM using different beds for those trucks. So any year bed from 99-07 classic should accept the lights with amber turns.

Is the 07 an NBS or GMT800? I think it will mount up regardless, or at least be close enough to make work. I've seen GMT800 trucks with NBS beds.
then it might just be. i knew front and rear looked different but i have no desire to own one or need for one. Not my cup of tea, but the beds are cheap and because of rear amber Id have less wiring and fab work. one should sit on a square frame, id assume, with no issue. id hope.lol

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I might just cut my loses on this 2000 Grand Prix.
You must be registered for see images attach

I haven't really touched it other than changing the oil, and giving it to my brother.

The other day, I was jacking it up, and the jack just kept going, and I realized that the rockers/jack rail have left the building.

At first I didn't think much of it, then I saw the strut towers.

Yea, the unibody it starting to fracture.

I'm not quite sure if I should junk the car though. I feel that I might be able to get it at least safe by removing the strut, stitching the fracture back together, then welding a piece of 1/4 in plate underneath.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Gritdog

You were talking about old station wagons and the transition to suv's and mini vans, If had the money I would love to have two of those vehicles. One would be a '75 Chevy Caprice station wagon, and the other would be a '85 Ford Crown Vic, 4dr. I think the Vic was the best car of that time Ford ever made and looked tough to with that little up swept edge along the top rear quarter panel...cool. Of course there would be many others but those two I'd love to have for some strange reason. I just like them and have for a long time.
Weird uhu?

1985c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
that is the first look for GMT 800 right? Like someone could take the bed and put it on an 07 if they wanted and maybe body lines wouldnt match but it would work?

I only ask, because im a strong proponent of amber rear turn signals, and these beds go for cheap around me and I will need one to replace one of my junk trailers, and I like to have a full working light set on trailers, this would be an easy way to incorporate it if it comes with tails

and dont have to mess making brakcets

Haha it’s funny you mention that because yes it originally had amber turn signals but in 04 when they went to the new front end they changed the tail lights to all red and got rid of the amber and I really liked the looks better so I swapped them out for the newer tail lights. The beds are all the same from 99-07 body lines and all.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I might just cut my loses on this 2000 Grand Prix.

I haven't really touched it other than changing the oil, and giving it to my brother.

The other day, I was jacking it up, and the jack just kept going, and I realized that the rockers/jack rail have left the building.

At first I didn't think much of it, then I saw the strut towers.

Yea, the unibody it starting to fracture.

I'm not quite sure if I should junk the car though. I feel that I might be able to get it at least safe by removing the strut, stitching the fracture back together, then welding a piece of 1/4 in plate underneath.

That strut tower will actually hang in there a good while longer like that. They normally have twice as much rot before they go. Imho, if you are planning on junking the car when you are done with it, just dump some oil into the rot every now and then so it doesn't get too much worse.

Sauc3r

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
7.4L 454
Got a 98 Ford Explorer to do all my family hauling. It’s got 280k on it and still going mostly. Last night it decided finish off my radiator. Mind you it was 3 degrees, with wind chill of -14... My square is still under some needed fixing before it takes over.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I decided to spruce up the Burb a bit.

I've added at least 80hp to it.

Memaloose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My two daily drivers, I have a couple more as well.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size

The pontiac is going down the road today, I cleaned it up and put it up for $750.

I also screwed the rockers on and fixed some ventilation.

I show pictures of the rust, and explain how it might become a major problem.

I also cleaned up the plastic in the engine bay to really make it pop.

K10farmtruck

Reaction score
First Name
Kylend
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
2006 5.9 cummins 6 speed manual. 100hp injectors, 66mm borg, 10 mil cp3, Hamilton cam, ARP mains rods and head studs. Just a farm truck.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And no, I’m not compensating. The black truck is my wife’s. She likes em big n black.....(And I’m here working on being less white...unsuccessfully apparently. My bumpers are black...)

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got an Outback from Philly (but relatively clean) we drive in the winter. Picked this Forester up from Florida for summers and as a backup to the Outback. Some tint and nicer wheels makes it presentable. Had a gray canvas interior - found a pristine black leather interior I'm swapping in at the moment. Once the truck is done, that will be my DD May-Nov.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507